Vinyl finally beats Digital,and by a long chalk.

All general audio posts go here.
wallace
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Vinyl finally beats Digital,and by a long chalk.

Unread post by wallace »

Since changing over to Minstrel speakers from my tranny's i now find my ancient turntable sounds significantly better and more listenable than cd and squeezebox,been spinning records only for a week now. :dance: :dance: Could it be that modern speakers are voiced to sound better with a digital source or is it me.I was always pleased with the IPL's while using a cdp,but they never worked with my TT.Wish i hadn't sold two thirds of my vinyl now,must just get some more... :whistle: :whistle:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

jammy395

Re: Vinyl finally beats Digital,and by a long chalk.

Unread post by jammy395 »

You should invite that willy waving wag Arsender with his muti ££££££ digital tat over for a bake off Wallace.....Open the prick eye's. :mrgreen:

Enjoy mate.... :clap:

AshM750.

Unread post by AshM750. »

My Dynaudios that I still have always sounded mint with my vinyl and better than my cds. Only some of the cds sounded better. I found that some remastered stuff did sound better, overall I found my turntable performed better. No digital file that I have heard has sounded better either.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

I was always selective with cd's,Ash,some just didn't sound worth listening to.I now find myself playing my old Dad's 1940's Fat's Waller records and even his 1930's Carroll Gibbons (with the savoy hotel orpheans and his boyfriends)ooeer mrs.Can't beat a vinyl piano..Luverly.. :clap: :clap:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

There be summat wrong here, although I don't want to spoil the fun :dance:

What's in the Revox? VMS20 ?
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

It had a Revox P20 when i got it ,which had seized up.I replaced this with an AKG PD20 type from Brian Reeves,the only one that will fit without the unobtainable cart aligning kit as far as i can tell..!!

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

We'll have to see about sorting out the digital side once you've upgraded to a Phono 2 ;)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

The digital side is nearly ok,but the Teac is,as you said,a bit dry sounding...not sure what to do about that..!

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

The TEAC looks nice, but I think a current £150 Denon may just see it off in all sonic areas now. The Denon has no bells and whistles of any description, mechanically or sonically, so should give you exactly what's there, with no embellishment. If you want to slightly 'juice' the sound to taste, a Klotz MC5000 will do it I think, although for those with a beefier sounding system, I feel the SSC is better, but maybe not here!

Minstrels are lovely music communicators, but the performance is beautifully 'characterful' shall we say. I talk against the grain here where speakers are concerned :roll: as it seems my sonic needs can be at odds with many of 'you lot,' but that's the way my audio-industry career and life have taken me I'm afraid and I can't apologise for it, as I felt I had to when being 'put to rights' on AOS by 'senior management.'

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

We are not in any disagreement when you listen like you did to the powered Cubes. It is just you are stubborn.