Cable burn in Fact or Fiction ?

All general audio posts go here.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cable burn in Fact or Fiction ?

Unread post by jammy395 »

Any thoughts on the subject.
Last edited by jammy395 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

applemarc

Re: Cable burn in Fact or Fiction ?

Unread post by applemarc »

I have heard improvements in cable over time some small other not. My NVA cable did improve over time, as did my NVA hardware.
Beresford Caiman Ipod

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

I've voted. :D
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

jammy395

zebbo wrote:I've voted. :D
I know ;)

Oldpinkman

Unread post by Oldpinkman »

I was sore tempted by the 4th option, but this far in... :whistle:
Not Funk Firms paid marketing department - but friend of Arthur K's and ex-Pink Triangle.

Open minded, but always right

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I truly don't understand how anyone can deny the existence, you can doubt it if you haven't heard it but you cannot deny it, especially members of this forum. I have explained technically why it happens, which no one else on any other forum has, are you calling me a liar !!!!! :x . Or do you wish to challenge my explanation.

Anyone so closed minded as to vote for one shouldn't be a member of this forum. "I have heard no changes" is acceptable but to call it bollocks is not, because that is a complete denial.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

I blame Jammy ,it's all bollocks is not quite the same as,i have heard no change....Still i expect it was pissing down when he wrote it.Beats me how anyone could keep cheerful that close to the arctic circle... :lol:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

gus3049

Unread post by gus3049 »

If I was to bother voting, I guess it would be No4 as, when it comes right down to it, what the hell difference does it make? If its good to start with and doesn't change then fine. If its good to start with and then gets better that's not bad either. I suppose if it gets worse it may seem a problem but then I have never heard any change in any cabling I have ever connected to the hi-fi, so I don't expect that to happen either.

I just listen to the music. The whole argument seems a waste of time to me.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I agree but that "waste of time" has dominated forums for years and has been the basis of the subjective v objective warfare. Now back in the old days I just used to hint at the reasons as I was pissed that people seemed to think it was my job to teach them electronics and then spout my views as though they invented them. Now though I am only member here and I feel it is about time to put this matter to rest. I have been working with these effects for over 30 years and designing cable that performs them so I *KNOW* what is going on and have now given a full explanation on this forum, to find someone of our membership has put up a poll like this, how can you be a member and do this. As I said do any of you have counter technical arguments then I will listen but no it is pig headed blocked brains per usual.

The poll can say 1/ I haven't heard 2/ I have heard 3/ I couldn't give rats arse, but you cannot deny somethings existence just because you haven't heard (or seen) it. You can postulate from known facts like the idiots who say bits of wire don't change. Yes they are right as I have said, but "cable" is not a bit of copper or silver bar it is an amalgam of other material and changed structures to the metal that turns it into a *COMPONENT*. AND COMPONENTS BURN IN.

jammy395

to find someone of our membership has put up a poll like this, how can you be a member and do this. (Doc)

:shifty: Well i guess i had better try and explain my reason for said poll.

As you rightly say this has been a Subjectivist / Objectivist debate that has raged on (And shows no signs of slowing up) longer than i can remember.
Personally i voted 2 - Ive heard subtle difference in the majority of new cables ive installed over a period of time. (More so with speaker cables than IC's).
But it is such a hot potato, and seem's to divide opinion so much, i just thought it would be intresting to post a wee poll to see where members lie on the subject.....They must fall into one of the catagories...!! (Although 4 is a cop out imho).

Oh and i thought the "What other forum do you post on" has been on the go for ages.
And as I was a poll posting virgin......I thought......Mmmmm...!!!