NVA A70 Mk2 review

All things NVA
Rick
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NVA A70 Mk2 review

Unread post by Rick »

Had my A70's a couple of months now but this is the first chance I've really had to sit down with them.

Firstly, they look great. Had reservations on the design when I initially saw the picture but glad to say they really look the business. They are approx half standard width and double height. They have a much more 'heavy duty' look about them without looking industrial. In terms of engineering, fantastic. Weight is usually a good sign and they feel reassuringly heavy. The new heatsink is a good move. I came from Mk1 A40's and though they didn't have a difficult load, I was always conscious of heat. Of course the old design had its limitations, its nice to now have something without those problems to think about. It'll probably help with resale value too.

Sonically, its a big step from the A40's which are a stand out amp anyway. The A70's have a great range and seem to deal with any type of music with ease. They clearly have a bit more beef to them but it doesn't feel overpowering. Accuracy, clarity and drive just where you need it. I'm not one for HiFi speak as I don't understand it and mostly think it's rubbish but can honestly say (Kind of Blue) I've never heard trumpet like it, my heart did actually skip a beat! Overall a really great amp, excellent value and does what it's supposed to do without fuss.

Recommended.

jammy395

Re: NVA A70 Mk2 review

Unread post by jammy395 »

Nice review Rick - I have mk1 A70s, and they are the best amps ive heard...Clarity...(Cant say ive ever heard the player on "John Martyns - Solid Air" wet his lips before letting rip on his Sax before). :clap: :clap: :clap:

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

Hello

Want to bi-amp my B&W bookshelf (Nautilus) monitors. I have now a pair of A40's which are just fine.

Need I get another pair of A40's or better to have (say) a pair of A70's for the lower registers and the A40's for the tweeters?

Can anyone help?

Kim
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I have a pair of ex dem A70' at the moment they were used for photography and loaned for a while. Only a couple of months old. They are in Classifieds.