Daniel Quinn

Re: Recent ebay buys

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

If you don't tell us , I will tell the boss your buying more tt's :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

She only knows when they arrive and I can't sneak it upstairs without her seeing. Next one I will make it a depot collection, and wait until she is out shopping :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Oldpinkman
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Oldpinkman »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:If you use a Rega arm then get the old Jap one the R200. I have a good one as part of my arm collection I could be pushed to sell.

Guess who bought this :roll: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360890945415? ... 1439.l2649 I want to use it with my Decca ffss arm and ffss mk4 cart.

I had a severe beating from the boss :mrgreen: which is why I have been forced to sell my Garrard 401.

If I had a big house it would be full of old TT and arms - I loves them :D :D
The funk arms are all rega mount, so I can just plug any of those in if I get a baseplate. I wondered about getting DSJR all excited and having a custom FX1200 style mod done, but I don't really think the Goldring bearings are up to it. Still not sure about whether I am after an idler as an idler, or nostalgia in the form of something that looks just like my dads. Or not bothering. It can keep till I get back from holiday :guiness;
Not Funk Firms paid marketing department - but friend of Arthur K's and ex-Pink Triangle.

Open minded, but always right

Oldpinkman

Unread post by Oldpinkman »

Daniel Quinn wrote:Never heard an lpt , but they are apparently the blue Monday[1] of record players ie , the cost more to make than they sold for :D .

Its ac motor so only issues I have read are power supply faults . similar bearing [ not inverted I think ] and same platter as all pt's though . You will need to check the sapphire is not fractured or missing bits as it wont run true and smooth if it is .

[1] for those that don't know blue Monday is record by new order , the sleeve design and construction cost more than the record sold for , so apparently new order and factory records lost 9p per copy sold and it sold shit loads .
The LPT bearing is effectively what the current funk bearings are - so shouldn't be hard to sort a replacement. I would be surprised if it needs it.
Not Funk Firms paid marketing department - but friend of Arthur K's and ex-Pink Triangle.

Open minded, but always right

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Oldpinkman wrote: Still not sure about whether I am after an idler as an idler, or nostalgia in the form of something that looks just like my dads. Or not bothering. It can keep till I get back from holiday :guiness;
Who bloody cares 'cos its FUN :dance:

:D :D :D

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Oldpinkman wrote: Still not sure about whether I am after an idler as an idler, or nostalgia in the form of something that looks just like my dads. Or not bothering. It can keep till I get back from holiday :guiness;
Who bloody cares 'cos its FUN :dance:

:D :D :D
This is also why the eeeediot at AoS and his 1210 has lost the plot. He has become so infatuated and invested so much ego in it it is no longer about TT fun and enjoyment :( :roll:

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

Can we try and guess the Doc's secret next deck? Maybe only one guess each? Ok, here goes nothing:

QED R232 with Helius arm........... Is there a prize? Maybe a Zero ohm resistor built into a phono plug, worth £1500 :lol:

Just re-read it has a Jap arm. No prize for me then :lol:

RIAT

Unread post by RIAT »

Brit deck with a jap arm? Is it an LP12 with Grace 707?

:D

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Townshend Elite Rock with Rega R200?

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I will make statement of fact - I will never ever ever ever ever buy anything made by Linn Products, new or second hand. BUT I will quite willingly have any of it free of charge for Bonfire Night.