Please Get a nice MM......Jammy.

All general audio posts go here.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Please Get a nice MM......Jammy.

Unread post by jammy395 »

Well there is a indeed vast amounts of various brands of cartridges out there in hifi land - All different, and all quite capable, although you would be hard pushed to find any major (Subtle yes) differences in sound between them all. ;) MC, MM, MI, MMC, & Decca (The moonshine)
I will liken them to Whiskey - A vast amount of various brands, all quite adapt at doing the job, and putting a smile on yer face... ;) Blended. Malt's & Moonshine.

Now I like all Whiskey (Cant say ive tried one I have disliked - but Laphroaig takes a few listens ...!!!)...So my limiting factor is price - Do I buy a Tesco Malt.....

ANYTHINGELSEISPUREBULLSHIT.......Bye.

Daniel Quinn

Re: Please Get a nice MM......Jammy.

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Nah , you be wrong , to much whiskey .
Before my decade and half hedonistic sabbatical , I tried 8 or 9 and settled for an ortofon MC30 Supreme [ though I took the gold body off - try it if you got one]
When I returned - I have owned - at95e, linn k9, ortofon vivo blue , benz ace S l and ortofon mc 10. I am absolutely convinced I could tell the difference between all of them and If I had to listen to the at95 or k9 I would cut my ears off . I can happily listen to mc10[ ta doc ] but that's because it is good my priorities have changed, but I still do miss the benz .

I have this theory that fine line stylus and boron cantilevers and audibly superior and once my children stop spending all my money or she goes back to work [ hint hint :lol: [ she reads this ] I will be investing in a new one probably a ZYX .

jammy395

Dan - I love you like a brother....But....ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I HAVE HEARD SO MUCH SHIT.....
What part of my debate don't you get....... :hand:

Daniel Quinn

jammy395 wrote:although you would be hard pushed to find any major (Subtle yes) differences in sound between them all.
The bit above - one mans subtly is of course another mans sledge hammer .

Jammy you appear to be morphing in to a fundamental subjectivist " fuck measurements you don't need them cause all things sound roughly the same .

Are you the evil Twin brother of Darylfunk :D

RIAT

Unread post by RIAT »

jammy395 wrote:Well there is a indeed vast amounts of various brands of cartridges out there in hifi land - All different, and all quite capable, although you would be hard pushed to find any major (Subtle yes) differences in sound between them all. ;) MC, MM, MI, MMC, & Decca (The moonshine)
I will liken them to Whiskey - .
sounds like you need a better turntable then. what about a nice Lp12? :mrgreen:
oh, and if youre scottish, surely you drink whisky, not whiskey?

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

Couldn't it just be that we all hear differently? Some people swear by MMs and if such carts do it for them, that's a great result.

Just like Goldilocks and her porridge, I've owned Jammy's Goldring and Dan's MC30 Supreme and strongly disliked both. They could well both find common ground in hating my favoured Denon or Supex with a passion. It's what makes this hobby so much fun and it also means the thing you bought and are desperate to get rid of is just the ticket for someone else! :lol:

jammy395

oh, and if youre scottish, surely you drink whisky, not whiskey? (RIAT)

Fair point - But if you were educated you would know Scottish - starts with a capital S............Scottish.

Not to mention Cap O (Oh) Cap A (And)..... :naughty:...& check yer youre out.......!!!!

RIAT

Unread post by RIAT »

i am educated, honest - just lazy.
jammy395 wrote: check yer youre out.......!!!!
that's a bit rich coming from the king of apostrophe over-use! :twisted:

Daniel Quinn

moaning about spelling , bleedin hell is this PFM :snooty:

jammy395

I know Dan - A bit childish.

But I do wish RIAT would learn to start a sentence with capitals...... :laughing-rolling:
RIAT wrote:i am educated, honest - just lazy.
jammy395 wrote: check yer youre out.......!!!!
that's a bit rich coming from the king of apostrophe over-use! :twisted: