2013 best and worst

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Andrew
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2013 best and worst

Unread post by Andrew »

2013 was a great year for me. Spent most of it in Greece and Cyprus and ended the year fitter and healthier than I've been in many years.

Hifi wise, it's been a blast. I've had a lot of lovely things and got my best sound ever with 4 x A40s and Spicas.

My Best: Sunrises, sunsets, Swimming, Spicas, slimming down, sunbathing.

My Worst: Not much really. Keeping the "S" words going I guess "selling" springs to mind.

What about everyone else?

zebbo
Great Britain

Re: 2013 best and worst

Unread post by zebbo »

Blimey Andrew, sounds like a good year for you :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Since I've been self employed my years just seem to pass in a blur, one minute I'm booking in someone's job for six months time, the next I'm rushing to get the job before it finished so I can start! There have been a couple of high points though, picking up my lovely black Triumph T595 after being off a bike for four years was very nice, and finally finding some speakers that worked in my room was a huge relief and constant joy! Downsides? Just the blur of work, sleep, work, sleep, work, sleep........ and not having the time/opportunity to listen to those Cubes much. :cry: Overall any year where you remain with your partner, none of the kids are pregnant or on drugs and the bills are paid is a good one. :D
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

selby

Unread post by selby »

Best...seeing my daughter grow up, the change from 1 to 2 is amazing.

Worst...hating work, not really knowing what I should do for a career, being constantly skint.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

I've had a very good year been busy at work which if you are self employed is all you can ask for

High points

PAID OFF MY MORTGAGE
Bought a Jaguar XK coupe (used)
Bought the Doc’s TSS
Still supplying Toyota UK via one of my clients
Picked up 10 new clients this year and lost none

Bad bits

My work partner has been ill most of the year hope she is better soon as I have been looking after everyone on my own less time to listen to music.
My son has huge University debts, which I guess I’ll end up paying off
He still has not got a proper job so I may get him to work for me for a bit
Apple have not replaced the Mac Pro yet
Not sure I like where computer OS's are going.
Beresford Caiman Ipod

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

“It is a dark, dark world. If you're going to be in a dark world, I can't think of any better one to be in. I still think I'm very lucky to be in it.”
James Gandolfini

- with this in mind , its been another glorious year on planet earth for moi , you need the shit so you know what the good is .