Cable burn in Fact or Fiction ?

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cable burn in Fact or Fiction ?

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

zebbo wrote:Yep, that's my thinking. As I've said, I have no problem at all accepting that cables run-in and if I were to swap back to brand new cables I would probably hear a difference but so what? You've proved to yourself that cables run in, does that fact suddenly make your system sound even better? No, you've just proved a point, to yourself. I'm just pleased that my cables work really well and leave it at that, that's all I meant when I said "can't be arsed".
Yes it is academic Zebbo, and as I said my point is to counter the forum idiots with facts, whether it matters or you can be bothered to concern yourself is up to the individual.

The people I am addressing are the "fairy dusters" who use comments like that to try and show their technical prowess but in fact and in reality just show up their ignorance and stupidity.

Doggo
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Doggo »

I'm not sure if I am in the category a "forum idiot" or "fairy duster" but this is what i have to say:

People who INSIST that there they can hear a definitive, absolute, unmistakable burn-in are basically saying: "You see, my system is so good I can hear the cable burn in". That is fine with me. I am not trying to counter argue the assumption that a cable (or any other component in a hifi set) burns in over time.

Peace !
Last edited by Doggo on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Doggo , there is only one person who is insisting and that is the DOC . He as played with millions of cables for 40 years and designs world renowned amplifiers. Nobody else could possibly compete with this experience .

The others have indicated[ not insisted upon] a position which you can accept or not .Its a peripheral issue and I am at a loss to understand the controversy . You don't , some do , que sera sera

Forgive me , but you seem to erecting a straw man to fight with . :D Unless of course you wanna aruge with the doc , if so , you may need to up your game . :mrgreen:

Doggo

Unread post by Doggo »

Daniel Quinn wrote:The others have indicated [not insisted upon] a position which you can accept or not .Its a peripheral issue and I am at a loss to understand the controversy . You don't , some do , que sera sera
exactly. Amen.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

My problem is the people I am really talking to are not on this forum, but lots of them are reading it so it serves its purpose. I have no problem with anything you think Doggo apart from if you deny the scientific proof I am giving (which is what the fairy Dust people always ask for) without equally reputable counter information sources.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Oldpinkman wrote:
jammy395 wrote:Doggo I found the changes during burn in quite evident.
You may be suffering from One of Docs Three spoilers...(See previous posts). :think:
How long was the burnin period? What did you hear?

Not knocking what you hear, but how were you able to go back and check what you heard? It may not be a myth, but that's how myths perpetuate.
6 Hours approx - A subtle change.