Jerry's ongoing system blog

All general audio posts go here.
jandl100
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jerry's ongoing system blog

Unread post by jandl100 »

:snooty:
Last edited by jandl100 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

alfer
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by alfer »

jandl100 wrote:The point? .... er, well, ummm ... I am quite well known (infamous?) in some parts of our small hifi world for changing equipment quite often.
Some folks really do seem to like to share my ongoing hifi journey vicariously, and perhaps agree/disagree with my thoughts on it.

I do get thru a lot of kit, including a fair amount of obscure stuff that others might not have encountered before ... I include photos, and some folk like to see pics of hifi. I like to see these things that others write about, too. Yes, I know it's a bit sad, but there you go!

Ummm .... a few folk here have said they like to read about my ever-evolving system ... perhaps they could tell you why! .... :think:

Does that help at all?

Btw - I have owned NVA gear and I rate it highly - a pair of A80 monoblocks and a P90 (?) passive pre. I was also the inspiration for RD to try out and then include stepped attenuators in his passive pre-amp lineup. So even the Doc keeps an eye on what I get up to! :dance:
Jerry
Thanks for telling me more and how you see yourself/thread. I'd seen your username before but did not read your posts.

As many changes of system hold no interest for me, I read through the earlier pages of your thread just in case I was getting it wrong but no just not into obscurati.
I can only wish you well with whatever you are up to.

Congrats on the stepped attenuator idea.

Alfer
AtoZ

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

You certainly get through some kit Jerry.....Lucky bugger..... :clap: :clap: :evil:

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

Jerry ,
Your completely off your rocker! Well done :P

jandl100

Yep, it's been a hugely fun journey - playing with such a wide variety of types and makes of speaker has been very rewarding and enjoyable - but sadly (in a way) with the arrival of the MBLs about two and a half years ago, my speaker boxswapping is over.

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Quick Doc...................A MBL Shill......................Just joking jerry, are they really that good - could you sum them up for us......... :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

jandl100

jammy395 wrote: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yep, that sums them up, Jammie! :mrgreen:

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Quick chorus of the old army song. "bless 'em all, bless 'em all...." :D
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Jerry, over the years in terms of net hi-fi spend, what you've bought compared to what you've sold, have you been a Chelsea (spent 687 million on players, got 160 million from selling players since 2003/2004), a Wigan (spent 88.9 million, got 89 million back), or an Arsenal (spent 244 million, got 267 million back)?

jandl100

Nett hifi spend is about £2k a year.