Christmas audio wish list.

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Raul_77
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Spain

Re: Christmas audio wish list.

Unread post by Raul_77 »

- 500 euros? Not any year -

Perhaps an integrated low-power amplifier and a pair of fullrange speakers? With the 'NVA touch'

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Raul_77 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:05 am - 500 euros? Not any year -

Perhaps an integrated low-power amplifier and a pair of fullrange speakers? With the 'NVA touch'
I'd like an Alfa Romeo for Dacia money, but I ain't getting that, either.

Firstly, none of the cases we have here are suitable for a multi input integrated. So, we have to have new cases made. Minimum 100 cases to get a price that makes the unit cost manageable.

Then, we have to find buyers for them. Thre are maybe a couple here who might buy an integrated for a second system, but we need 50 times that, so we have to advertise or we have to sell through dealers. We could spend £10k, very quickly, on advertising and still sell none. Add that to £5k for cases and its not looking like a goer, is it? We could sell it through dealers but that would make it 40% more expensive and still doesn't guarantee sales

Low numbers with low margins simply doesn't work in the real world. The Model Worker range just about washes its face at the moment because we have cases and each case is made from a common base, so we can justify getting them made in reasonable numbers when the time comes. If you are intelligent about speaker choice then the S80 is probably the biggest bargain in hifi. Put that with a P50 (which can be upgraded with a stepped attenuator, later) and you have a system that will blow away any integrated you can buy from a dealer for under £1500. The p50 can safely sit in top of the S80, so the footprint is minimal. If you want a brilliant budget money amplifier system with multiple inputs, it's the P50 / S80. We cannot make a new integrated amp for less than that.

NVA is made by hand, in the UK, and now with the sort of components that you usually find in high end gear if you want high volume, generic cases, cheap components, made in a sweatshop, go buy Chi-Fi or mediocre mass market gear. We are not trying to compete with that. Our hope is that the products higher up the range can provide some subsidy to keep the Model Worker range alive. Get it while you can.
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post (total 3):
Fretless (Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:15 am) • terrybooth (Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:01 am) • CN211276 (Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:08 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Grumpytim
Columbia

Unread post by Grumpytim »

antonio66 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:13 am I won't go over the top, so a 2nd hand pair will do nicely. https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/ ... -speakers/
And why not? I'll take 2 sets please.

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

slinger wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:42 pm
Geoff.R.G wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:51 pm Well, since it is an audio wish list I'd like a pair of Neumann shotgun mics please (£1,500 each).
Well, if we're going a bit off-piste, I'll take a Neumann M 149 tube mic please. :lol:
Very nice, but not ideally suited to live sound.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Geoff.R.G wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:23 am
slinger wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:42 pm
Geoff.R.G wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:51 pm Well, since it is an audio wish list I'd like a pair of Neumann shotgun mics please (£1,500 each).
Well, if we're going a bit off-piste, I'll take a Neumann M 149 tube mic please. :lol:
Very nice, but not ideally suited to live sound.
Luvverly for my little home studio though.
These users thanked the author slinger for the post:
Geoff.R.G (Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:49 pm)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X