Tightrope3-300x216.png
Tightrope3-300x216.png (39.67 KiB) Viewed 3631 times
:guiness;

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BMU considerations

Post by jammy395 »

Truth is, AOS dont fukin deserve Daves expertise.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

And to what purpose. Do you consider *partial licking of Marcos arse to be more important than self respect. Tell that to the tens of people here who have been booted by him from AoS, mostly for dubious or non existent reasons.

*Just enough to stay out of trouble with him.

Sorry the whole thing is feckin' sick and as you have said many times Jammy someone needs to grow some.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Post by jammy395 »

Well whilst we're all Jock Thompson's bairns......
We are all different.
Dave is walking the tightrope, and the tightrope is indeed tight.
But me, you, and indeed barely mcgrew woulld have fallen by now.
So hats off to dave.

Its only a matter of timex though.... :guiness;

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Don't be feckin' daft, you know as well as I do there is no middle line with bullies, you either fight them or you give in to them. It is nothing to do with a tight rope or balance, as though that is something to be praised. He wants to say what he thinks, what he sees as the truth, and his backing down and giving in to this smut ridden sub human who is bullying him into giving in means he is a coward!!! a test of character that is being badly failed.

So he doesn't want to tell the truth, he wants to lick Marco's arse, well in that case I don't want him here, but unlike Marco I am not a dictator so he can stay here as long as he likes but if this present situation carries on it will be accompanied by much pisstake.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Your siding with Dave being controlled by Marco :-? :shock:
Last time! I've sold an expensive used power amp to one of the mods there and felt it good manners to return there and post a little in return for a while. NVA has a large hold on me as I wish to continue making some of the stuff as I enjoy it and the disciplines I'm using so much. It's also a great time for me to re-discover my music collection and keep away from forums while I'm working, the workroom PC becoming a music server and the NVA system used in playback is hugely entertaining to listen through - so full benefit here for *me.* And benefit for *me and my family* is currently all that matters to me, sorry...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well you know my feelings about it and that will be my last word for now. BUT note you also included TAS in an earlier statement, who the feck is bullying you there, no one I know of.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Post by CN211276 »

The problems I had with the delivery are well documented earlier in this thread, suffice to say that the Doc should show UPS the red card.

The BMU, which looks sleek, is situated adjacent to my computer desk, well away from the amplifier and even further away from the sub woofer. It is completely silent. I have the amplifier, sub woofer and PC plugged into it. A distribution unit is connected to the fourth socket. My system is: Chord Mojo DAC, Arcam FMJ A19 amplifier, Dynaudio Emit 10 speakers (on solid, vintage, heavy Atacama stands) and Wharfdale Diamond SW150 subwoofer. The cable is QED XT40. The source has been Tidal Hi-Fi through my PC. Am yet to use it with my vintage Rega Planar 3, fitted with Denon DL 110 cartridge, or Acram Mini Bluetooth DAC.

As previously posted, I was taken aback on initial listning. After some extended listening I am better able to comment on the areas of improvement. Music played has ranged from Iron Maiden to Abba but has mainly been classic 70s rock which I am very familiar with. I can listen to more or less anything, to a greater or lesser extent, with the exceptions of rap and hip hop.

The huge improvement concerns sound stage and stereo image. I was not expecting this as I believed the listening room was the limiting factor. This was clearly not the case. On the basis of previous reviews of the BMU, perhaps I should not have been so surprised. Guitar solos are coming to the forefront over the rhythm section, almost as if Jimmy Page or Richie Blackmore are in the room. The case was the same with the saxophone solo on the Rolling Stones “Brown Sugar”. The sound stage/stereo image improvement was most pronounced on their “Exile on Main Street” album where I had previously considered the production to be a bit “muddy”. I do not now. On the same note (no pun intended) deep bass is more clearly defined and the sub woofer is performing as never before. This was very pronounced on the second side of Bowie’s “Low” album. Nothing is being reproduced which was not audible previously, it is just that everything is in its place, more coherent and more pleasurable to listen to.

Other areas of improvement are more subtle, but apparent. Dynamics, which I considered to be the system’s strongest point, have slightly improved. The power and intensity of John Bonham’s drumming really came through on heavier tracks on the well produced “Physical Graffiti” album. Also, piano and acoustic guitar seem more realistic. This was apparent on Bowie’s “Hunky Dory” album and the far more recent Iron Maiden “Empire of the clouds” track.

I think it is worth mentioning that my 18 month old grand daughter, who must have very acute hearing (and has not been attending rock concerts for over 40 years!), reacted in a way she had not previously when I have been playing music. The sound of Abba had her dancing for joy, as best someone that age can. While not participating, I was more aware of the quality of the production, which I had always overlooked, on their famous songs. A switch to Queen’s “We will rock you” had my grand daughter clapping her hands in time.

I am delighted with my purchase, the biggest plus being the removal of the doubts I had about the listening room which I thought I could do nothing about. The improvements I had made by experimenting with the positioning of the speakers were miniscule to those brought about by the introduction of the BMU. Why this is so, I do not know. I can only assume that there is a major problem with the mains. Although the house is detached, two others are in close proximity either side and behind. Are they sharing the same circuit and affecting supply? Previously the sound was better in the evenings (with or without a glass of something in my hand) than the day. Now it is consistent and far better than it was at its best previously.

I would recommend the BMU over any other item of equipment to anyone who thinks the room is adversely affecting SQ or has concerns about the mains supply. If it does not do the trick it can be returned.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Post by CN211276 »

I started a thread on pfm about mains problems with reference to the bmu. It created quite a bit of interest with some positive comments about NVA. Not all members are flat earth zombies. The thread disappeared quite quickly.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew