BMU considerations

All things NVA
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: BMU considerations

Unread post by savvypaul »

Google the name of the place? Check the online tracking?
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Beka O/T: [18:34] Hello Richard Dunn. My name is Beka O/T.
How can I help you today?
Richard Dunn: [18:34] xxxxxxx has been misdelivered to a collection point, this is not acceptable, it should be delivered to the address tomorrow.
Beka O/T: [18:35] Please can you confirm the first line of your address and post code for security?
Richard Dunn: [18:35] 43 Ladbrooke Crescent DA14 4RU
Beka O/T: [18:36] I wont be a moment
[18:37] The driver was attempted with no one home and so the item has been taken to an access point for collection
[18:38] I can rearrange delivery however it is unlikely it would be tomorrow
Richard Dunn: [18:39] Why are you telling me things I obviously know already. I paid for it to be delivered, not for a drop off. UPS are supposed to attempt delivery twice. No one can collect from drop off and if they could no address for it was left on the note. I paid for it to be delivered so get them to do their job please.
Beka O/T: [18:40] They make 1-3 delivery attempts I will ask that they redeliver to the receiver, however it is unlikely it would be tomorrow. I am sorry
Richard Dunn: [18:41] It has to be tomorrow, they have broken their contract terms.
Beka O/T: [18:42] This is very unlikely
Richard Dunn: [18:43] I am not interested in your opinion I am interested in getting customer service. If you can't do it then pass me to someone who can.
Beka O/T: [18:43] They have attempted within the transit time stated at the time of booking, any further attempts would not be covered by the money back guarantee
Richard Dunn: [18:43] Not acceptable
Beka O/T: [18:44] You have come through to a Team Leader, I am unable to promise you something that UPS will not promise us. I will request redelivery as soon as possible. It is likely to be collected tomorrow and delivered on Wednesday.
Richard Dunn: [18:45] Again not acceptable, do you consider it acceptable to just put a note saying delivered somewhere else without saying where. That is breach of contract if nothing else which is got around and twisted. Do you wish further business or not.
Beka O/T: [18:47] I can only apologise, I can get you the access point address if they wish to collect or rearrange delivery but this would not be for tomorrow. Unfortunately I can only offer you the service that UPS offer us.
Richard Dunn: [18:49] Then contact them and tell them they are in breach of contract, and I wish the parcel *DELIVERED* tomorrow as I paid for. I did not pay for collection from a drop off point or I will sue you for the difference and you have lost a customer. As you can see I am VERY cross about this lack of service.
Beka O/T: [18:50] They are not in breach of contract, they are able to deliver to an access point after the initial delivery attempt.
Richard Dunn: [18:54] No they can't by common law, they may try to twist their way out of it but common law in terms of the service they offer (which cannot be twisted by small print). You need to contact them and get the driver to collect from the drop off TOMORROW and deliver TOMORROW or there will be consequences. It is Illegal for a start to deliver a parcel somewhere without informing the recipient of where. I say again you call yourselves customer service, please give me some.
Beka O/T: [18:56] I am sorry that I cannot help any further. I have asked they collect it and redeliver tomorrow, they cannot guarantee that this is possible. I have asked they deliver as soon as possible.
Richard Dunn: [18:57] If it is not delivered tomorrow there will be consequences.
Beka O/T: [18:57] Is there anything else I can help with at all?

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Twenty odd kilos, it is also too big for most racks, and for hum fields it is the LAST place you should put it.
The BMU arrived yesterday and I was expecting a really heavy package but the shipping label stated 13kg, so not the 20kg+ that Doc had said. It was nicely solid though when trying to get it out of the box but not so heavy that it was difficult to carry into place.

It is now sitting under my equipment table (nee rack) and I can't detect any hum at all coming from the speakers. I've only had a brief listen and nothing has jumped out at me so far, it does seem as though the soundstage has narrowed a bit but images seem more solid and I could make out some more details in the CD that I listened to, the I realised that I was listening at a lower volume than I would normally but didn't have chance to listen any more before leaving for work.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Doc, thanks for kicking ass. Those couriers need to get their act together, God knows where they have left the BMU. If it is not delivered today there is no guarantee that anyone will be home during the day time until the weekend. If they come on Thursday or Friday they would need to phone my wife to agree a time. I will post when the BMU arrives.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Black

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Phone your local UPS depot tracking number 1Z61E53R6890428295

The item is at St Mellons Store, 26 Cathcob Close, CF3 0AH. You need photo ID if you collect.

UPS have said to Interparcel that they will pick-up today but cannot deliver until Friday. You need to speak to them and the drop of point to change that arrangement.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Quarknosis wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Twenty odd kilos, it is also too big for most racks, and for hum fields it is the LAST place you should put it.
The BMU arrived yesterday and I was expecting a really heavy package but the shipping label stated 13kg, so not the 20kg+ that Doc had said. It was nicely solid though when trying to get it out of the box but not so heavy that it was difficult to carry into place.

It is now sitting under my equipment table (nee rack) and I can't detect any hum at all coming from the speakers. I've only had a brief listen and nothing has jumped out at me so far, it does seem as though the soundstage has narrowed a bit but images seem more solid and I could make out some more details in the CD that I listened to, the I realised that I was listening at a lower volume than I would normally but didn't have chance to listen any more before leaving for work.
Just me mixing it up with the PSU for Cubix Pro they are over 20kg.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Phoned UPS and it was a waste of time. Could not get through to a human being after over five minutes and I hate speaking to robots. I am at work and do not have all day. If the the BMU is going to be picked up today it could very easily be delivered. Now I have the address of where it was left yesterday, I know it is less than two minutes drive away. It seems I have no alternative but to wait until Friday. UPS could at least advise what time it will be delivered, but I expect this is asking too much of them!
Main System

Second System

Headphones

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

You could phone the drop point shop and tell them to hang on to it and collect it this evening.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

UPS are not exactly bending over backwards to appease the customer are they. :x
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

zebbo wrote:UPS are not exactly bending over backwards to appease the customer are they. :x
Far from it, they seem to have a Basil Fawlty attitude. Have not had a problem like this with couriers or the postal service previously. I will wait until Friday and hope for the best as, the way things are going, I could see myself going to the drop off point, after phoning, and finding that the BMU has been taken for delivery on Friday, or some other problem. Won't have much opportunity to try it out before the weekend anyway.
Main System

Second System

Headphones

RIP Doc