Who broke America

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Who broke America

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Naive and simplistic, you couldn't be more wrong Jammy. He is the personification of the problem, everything is conflict, he couldn't exist without it. He is the main reason I put up this thread.

Copperblue

Post by Copperblue »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Naive and simplistic, you couldn't be more wrong Jammy. He is the personification of the problem, everything is conflict, he couldn't exist without it. He is the main reason I put up this thread.
+1^10
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

savvypaul
Great Britain

Post by savvypaul »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:He is the personification of the problem, everything is conflict, he couldn't exist without it. He is the main reason I put up this thread.
My gut reaction is to feel the same about Trump, but for one thing...he will change what he says and turn completely about face without concern or shame in order to do a 'deal' with anyone if and when it serves his purposes.

They used to call that being a liar, now it's called being a 'transactional politician'.

So, the irony is that he may well be more able to do deals with Senate than Obama or Clinton. The deals will surely be horrible, but they will get done.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The USA is becoming a post industrial society the same as we have had to become. Trump is the personification of the backlash by the Luddites. The days of brains, talent, skill, artistry, artisanship are now replacing the days of muscle and brawn, all change is hard but must happen.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Post by savvypaul »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:The USA is becoming a post industrial society the same as we have had to become. Trump is the personification of the backlash by the Luddites. The days of brains, talent, skill, artistry, artisanship are now replacing the days of muscle and brawn, all change is hard but must happen.
Yes...and Clinton's task is to accept and demonstrate understanding of the challenges that causes, and find a way to bring the disenfranchised / disadvantaged / frightened into that new world without allowing someone like Trump to prey on people's prejudices. Obama seemed to be making a decent effort of a very tough job. I would venture that he would still win a landslide against Trump if running again.
I am in the hi-fi trade

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Indeed it is a hard job. In many ways back to the future, the pre industrial land based and artisan based economy as the machine completely takes over the function of work would be a start point but it has to fit with increased population and lesser available land mass. Many changes due - better does not always mean more profitable - growth is not always good - the tyranny of the machine will have to be faced - the replacement of technology with genetic based 'ology, etc.

Our freedom away from the rules and restriction of the EU (which will atrophy until it learns) would make us a natural base for this development. We initiated the 1st industrial revoluution, the USA (with us) initiated the second industrial revolution, again we can create the 3rd industrial revolution to the post industrial age.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Post by savvypaul »

The growth of the artisan economy - creative, personalised, sustainable, done with love and care - is the most rewarding thing to aim for. A switch from 'volume' to 'value'. I very much hope that is the course we can follow.
I am in the hi-fi trade