Electronic Music

All music posts here please.
Ronin
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Electronic Music

Unread post by Ronin »

jammy395 wrote:Fads and phases come and go Ronin, but dont bin em.....Trust me a time will come when you want to revisit the blighters. :guiness;
Thanks for your concern Jammy.You may be right,I've been through this before,but I'm not sure about this time,somethings changed in me :think: The thing is,I can enjoy most of this type of music through my computer,but when it gets to my Hi-Fi it loses something.I think it's partly to do with the quality of the recordings :think:
kevjones wrote:I'm not a massive fan of Electronic music but I stumbled across Nils Frahm who blends classical (ish) piano with electronic stuff. Its' very slow moving ambient stuff but I find I quite like it.
Listening to Nils Frahm-Spaces right now,interesting ,thanks for the heads-up KevJ :handgestures-thumbupright: and then later on a bit of JMJ-Metamorphoses as recommended by Fretless.Just can't get my head around Jazz Fretless,any recommendations,don't like the " Free improvisation" stuff.
jammy395 wrote:Currently playing Gerry Raferty - Night Owl, forgot just how good this album is
Very nice Jammy :)

ATB

Ronin

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Ronin - check out the Jazz Rock thread for some accessible jazz-ish releases. And 'Sessions 2000' is electronica with bits of jazz stylings, not difficult to listen to.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 + LS6+ Sabaj A10a (2) + Little Bear MC2
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 (phono)Aiyima A07 MAX (2) + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Ronin

Unread post by Ronin »

Fretless wrote:Ronin - check out the Jazz Rock thread for some accessible jazz-ish releases. And 'Sessions 2000' is electronica with bits of jazz stylings, not difficult to listen to.
Will do! Thanks Fretless..I'll report back
Well,I've had a 1st listen to the new JMJ album and it's wide of the mark for me, on the emotional level,I prefer "Rendez-Vous"

ATB

Ronin

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Remastered Kraftwerk - Bloody amazing and there's no compression on the remasters that wasn't there in the original vinyl imo. The 'English' Computer World has some strange effects which could be down to told analogue masters, but in fact they're there in my LP which was bought at the time of release - the German issue is a slightly different mix and better 'Hifi' sound..

As for Techno Pop (re-titled the way it was intended to be) and the ,ive 'Minimum Maximum' I'll leave that to you..
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Fretless
Netherlands

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:Remastered Kraftwerk - As for Techno Pop (re-titled the way it was intended to be) and the ,ive 'Minimum Maximum' I'll leave that to you..
'Minimum Maximum' also has an astonishing SQ and is well-worth hearing for it's huge live sound. I'm in dubio about getting the remaster of 'Radio-Activity', but 'Autobahn', 'Trans-Europe Express' and 'Man-Machine' are so much clearer and more dynamic than the older CD versions. :dance:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Downstairs:
Vinyl

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

My Foobar spectrogram meter shows output below 40hz and even at 20k on many tracks. Thing is, a HUGE sound with real scale and all done without severe compression!
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis »

Thanks for the heads up on Sessions 2000 DSJR, I've just had a quick listen on Youtube, it's just my sort of stuff.

EM that I like which fits along with the type of music mostly mentioned here includes Andreas Vollenweider and Michael Shreive's Transfer Station Blue.

Plenty of electronic music in my collection, mostly from the 90s onwards, chill out/ambient/dub/trip hop styles.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

Fretless
Netherlands

Shreive's 'Transfer Station Blue' has been a favourite of mine since I had it on a cassette in the 80's. The synths are done by Klaus Schulze, one of the most 'rocky' and accessible albums he ever worked on. It came out around the time of albums like 'Trancefer' and 'Drive Inn'.

Which reminds me, there is a new pressing of some of Klaus Schulze's classic releases coming out shortly, 'Blackdance', 'Audentity' and 'Trancefer'. (a couple there that I'll be getting) :dance:

Here is 'Transfer Station Blue' for those interested:
Michael & Kevin Shrieve & Klaus Schulze - 1984 Transfer Station Blue

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Downstairs:
Vinyl

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis »

I first heard Communique - Approach Spiral on a surf video and was immediately taken by it. The scene was flying over some, possibly, Polynesian jungle so I have always associated it with that.

It did take me a few years to find out who it was by and get a copy though. I was very happy when I did :grin: It was on my pre surf playlist after that.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

Ronin

Unread post by Ronin »

Fretless wrote:Here is 'Transfer Station Blue' for those interested:
Listening to it now,thanks for the link.

What's it like on CD, because I can't find it on Vinyl.

ATB

Ronin