Music that pisses you off!

All music posts here please.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Music that pisses you off!

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

NO FECKING ORIGINALITY!!!!! The same chords, the same riffs, the same fecking everything apart from the name of the band or artist. I have just turned off Radio Paradise as it is pissing me off, I have just had three tracks so similar to each other it was daft.

Back in the 60s and 70s there was far more originality. Have we used all the tunes up to the point we now have copy or music without tune (Rap) or any merit at all. Thank god for Radio Swiss.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Re: Music that pisses you off!

Unread post by jammy395 »

Check out......Four Chords That Made A Million" Steven John Wilson....

:think:

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

All the good music has already been done. Originality finally petered out around the mid-Nineties. Fortunately there is enough of a body of work to last more than a lifetime of listening.

joe

Unread post by joe »

Macca wrote:All the good music has already been done. Originality finally petered out around the mid-Nineties. Fortunately there is enough of a body of work to last more than a lifetime of listening.
Originality peters out when one reaches a certain age, so IMO it petered out around the mid-80s.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Can anyone find that Richard Thompson piece where he takes a basic chord progression and shows how it was used from Medieval music to Britney Spears' 'Oops I did it again.'

[EDIT] Found it http://www.amazon.co.uk/Richard-Thompso ... B000EHQ7I8
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

brit-pop

Unread post by brit-pop »

You've been overdoing the RP if it's beginning to become samey.

I suggest switching to some other Internet stations for a bit of variety. Naim radio is excellent and varied and broadcasts in 320k, lots of new original artists from their label. Had a tendency to go off into bonkers jazz at times though.

Linn radio also broadcasts in 320k and offers 3 channels, jazz, classical and a mainstream channel. Lots of artists on the Linn label.

In terms of others and depending on the radio app you use the excellent Avro in the Netherlands has channels which vary from baroque to dance music and all broadcast in 320k.

For a choice of rock, metal, hip hop, 70s and 80s stations there is HKGFM. I think it broadcasts out of Hong Kong but is western in flavour and has a few high quality channels.

Lots of variety all just a Google search away.

Yomanze

Unread post by Yomanze »

Yomanze

Unread post by Yomanze »

terrybooth wrote:Can anyone find that Richard Thompson piece where he takes a basic chord progression and shows how it was used from Medieval music to Britney Spears' 'Oops I did it again.'

[EDIT] Found it http://www.amazon.co.uk/Richard-Thompso ... B000EHQ7I8
Pachelbel's Canon... used on SO many popular music songs.

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

joe wrote:
Macca wrote:All the good music has already been done. Originality finally petered out around the mid-Nineties. Fortunately there is enough of a body of work to last more than a lifetime of listening.
Originality peters out when one reaches a certain age, so IMO it petered out around the mid-80s.
Hmmm...possibly. I thought the whole Madchester rock/dance thing was pretty original, then you had grunge, but after that, nothing (except Britpop which was the ultimate in slavish imitation). I think that the current generation of musicians are too clean cut and healthy and are clearly not doing enough drugs and alcohol.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Macca wrote: I think that the current generation of musicians are too clean cut and healthy and are clearly not doing enough drugs and alcohol.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I always thought that Jammy pissed would make a brilliant Scottish Rap Artist. Now that would be unique :mrgreen: