The state of the UK Hi-Fi Industry...and what might be done

All general audio posts go here.
Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: The state of the UK Hi-Fi Industry...and what might be done

Unread post by Lindsayt »

For material for creating online articles and youtube videos you could look at the archives of this forum and selected posts from Richard Dunn.
These users thanked the author Lindsayt for the post:
savvypaul (Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:14 pm)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Lindsayt wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:13 pm For material for creating online articles and youtube videos you could look at the archives of this forum and selected posts from Richard Dunn.
Definitely. We have already used some on the website (and Facebook).
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
Lindsayt (Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:00 am)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

A reason why young people shun hihi, unlike in decades gone by, could be because their exposure to expensive equipment is only in public places. This thought occurred last night when I was in a trendy bar frequented by young people. A once in a blue moon experience I hasten to add. :lol: The sound system was elaborate and must have cost a fair bit. But what was coming out of the speakers could only be described as an awful din. I could barely recognise familiar tunes with everything being over shadowed by the bass. If this is the only experience young people have of expensive equipment what is the point of going beyond an Amazon Echo, bluetooth speaker or tv sound bar.
These users thanked the author CN211276 for the post:
antonio66 (Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:19 pm)
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Wonfor14
Great Britain

Unread post by Wonfor14 »

Lindsayt wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:41 pm
NSNO2021 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:33 am We are in some ways fortunate that if you have the time and inclination to put in the required effort to undertake days of online research you will discover a significant number of talented individuals and small audio businesses that really do deliver excellent value for money. NVA, Colin's EWA, Nick's LDA are just a few examples.
Unfortunately we are moving more & more towards a "here & now" society where consumers want everything delivered on a proverbial plate, convenience and speed of delivery is everything. The challenge is how you find and communicate with your potential buyers. Do that well and you can educate and influence your audience and in turn prosper.
The trouble with doing the online research - as a novice in hi-fi - is that there's a too high chance that you will land in some hi-fi advice ghetto. Where the general standard of advice is poor to mediocre. And then as a novice, there's no way of knowing whether you are the blind being lead by the blind, or if you are the blind being led by the bullshitters.
Sorry if you think I am cow shitter.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Wonfor14 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:23 am Sorry if you think I am cow shitter.
I have never seen you come out with bullshit.

There are certain individuals, some of them from 1 or 2 man band hi-fi companies that have come out with loads of bullshit. With at least 1 of them creating a cult on other forums. Cults that were like a pack of wolves that would tear into anyone that didn't conform to their orthodoxy.

The Elsewhere On The Web section of this forum used to cover this area - extensively.

I do have sympathy for novices to the world of hi-fi that land on the shores of certain other forums, where they may receive poor to mediocre buying advice.

This poor to mediocre online buying advice happens for other consumer goods too. For example, if you're looking for advice on what laptop to buy for general home or studying use, the vast majority of advice on the Internet is poor.
These users thanked the author Lindsayt for the post (total 2):
Wonfor14 (Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:01 pm) • CN211276 (Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:38 pm)

Wonfor14
Great Britain

Lindsayt wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:04 pm
Wonfor14 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:23 am Sorry if you think I am cow shitter.
I have never seen you come out with bullshit.

There are certain individuals, some of them from 1 or 2 man band hi-fi companies that have come out with loads of bullshit. With at least 1 of them creating a cult on other forums. Cults that were like a pack of wolves that would tear into anyone that didn't conform to their orthodoxy.

The Elsewhere On The Web section of this forum used to cover this area - extensively.

I do have sympathy for novices to the world of hi-fi that land on the shores of certain other forums, where they may receive poor to mediocre buying advice.

This poor to mediocre online buying advice happens for other consumer goods too. For example, if you're looking for advice on what laptop to buy for general home or studying use, the vast majority of advice on the Internet is poor.
OK here is some Amstrad make great Hi-fi heheheh :Bllocks:

Lindsayt
Nauru

Wonfor14 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:18 am
OK here is some Amstrad make great Hi-fi heheheh :Bllocks:
This is the one morning of the year where statements like that are to be expected. :ugeek:
These users thanked the author Lindsayt for the post:
Wonfor14 (Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:44 pm)

Wonfor14
Great Britain

Yep April is back and the radio today they said it was St Kevin Day, cool he will be so pleased. :angelic-blueglow:
These users thanked the author Wonfor14 for the post:
Lindsayt (Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:15 pm)