Cable burn in

All general audio posts go here.
CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Cable burn in

Post by CN211276 »

CN211276 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:41 pm
CN211276 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:54 pm I have always been able to detect differences between cables, the most significant when upgrading from LS6 to TSCS. Have not given USB cables much thought but have decidehd to take a punt on Audioquest Carbon. If not impressed Amazon have a good returns policy. I will report.
The AQ Carbon arrived yesterday. Connected it to the streamer and Mscaler and straight from the off there was a distinct improvement over the Wireworld USB cable, which was not cheap, I had been using. The improvement can best be described as a greater sense of space and ease. USB cables do not sound the same and make a difference. The AQ is a keeper and the wireworld is destined for Ebay. :grin:
Because of its shape fitting ferrite rings on the Wirewold cable was not an option. As the fitting of ferrite rings on the dual output BNC cables from the Mscaler brought about a big improvement in SQ, I was curious to see what effect they would have on the input cable from the streamer. I had not come across anything on line about this and the rings cost next to nothing. I have found that they do bring about an improvement, though nothing on the scale of fitting them to the output cables. The improvement concerns the higher frequencies, noticable with cymbals and tamborines.

The SQ of my system has improved quite a bit in recent weeks with the P90SA upgrade, AQ Carbon, the ferrite rings and moving a sofa. I expect the A80Mk3 upgrade will bring about further benefits as well. :grin:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Black

RIP Doc

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Post by NSNO2021 »

Those ferrite rings sound like an interesting and inexpensive experiment ( perfect for me) A quick Google lists all manner of rings, clamps and magnets, do you have a link to the ones you are using ? Thanks Paul
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Post by CN211276 »

Cables connected to the Mscaler seem to attract RF big time, I think due to the high sample rate, and there are cables incorporating ferrite at silly prices. Far more sensible to attach your own. They are not pretty but are out of site. Ferrite rings can also improve SQ in other with other equipment, especially if a router is located near hifi. I cannot provide a link on my tablet, but an eBay search will take you to them. They come in various sizes and are cheap.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Black

RIP Doc

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Post by NSNO2021 »

Cheers I will have a good nosey around flea bay
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables