Richard Dunn

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Sandman

Re: Richard Dunn

Unread post by Sandman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:34 pm

Very late to hearing this news and sorry to do so - condolences to Nadia on her loss. Not been active here as due to Richard's kit I have felt no need to do anything but use the system to play music which must be as good a testament as anything else.
Turntable Double platter Lenco GL75 re-plinthed / Acos Lustre GST-1 / NVA SC cable Cartridges Decca London Blue & Gold Phono NVA Phono2 2x PSU CD Naim CD3 DAC Teac UD-H01 Pre NVA P50SA Power (Tweeters) NVA A30 Power (Mid/Bass) NVA A80 Mono Interconnects NVA SSP Speaker Cable (Tweeter) NVA LS5 Speaker Cable (Mid/Bass) NVA LS6 Speakers NVA Cube2 Mains NVA BMU

CaterhamKev
Great Britain

Unread post by CaterhamKev » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:10 pm

Just catching up with the sad news after a bit of a break from HiFi forums.
We may not have seen eye to eye in the beginning, but Richard was willing to put things behind him and move on.
His opinions on HiFi will be missed.

nilsatisnisioptimum
Great Britain

Unread post by nilsatisnisioptimum » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:12 pm

I wrote to Richard a few weeks after his passing, unaware of the sad news. When I got no response I did a few Google searches and realised he was gone for good. I have known a few out spoken people like Richard (in different fields though) and I have always got on very well.
I first met Richard back in the early 90s when flush with the first decent bonus of my young life, I went to his "barn" at Hately St George and after a cuppa and a brief RD indoctrination I gave him my bonus and he was kind enough to give me a P70, 2 X A80s, 2 x PSU, 2 x Cubix, some speaker cable and two of the heaviest speaker stands known to mankind.
That remains one of my best decisions. All the kit is still in use and Richard repaired one of the A80's earlier this year for a very modest fee. My letter was about upgrading my cable and buying a phono stage but for now thats on hold. Its difficult to say how much I valued the honesty and stength of Richards opinion and without doubt the audio world is a paler, poorer place without him. My sincere condolences to his family and close friends. Where ever you are my friend, continue to tell it as you hear it ;)
Planar 8,AT-OC9, TE MicroGroove+Xmk2, NVA P90 SA MK2, NVA A80 X 2 Meridian 204 FM tuner, Lehmann Linear HP amp, Oppo 2 cans, NVA Cubix & LS6

Latteman
Great Britain

Unread post by Latteman » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:06 pm

That must have been a big bonus ✅
RIP Doc
Analogue- Lenco GL59, 10” ARB Carbon arm Grado Reference Prestige 1 MI
Nva Phono 1 (external psu)
Digital Sources- Denon CEOL Piccolo & Fiio x1ii
Amplification-NVA P20, A20 (x2), A60
Speakers- Diy BBCubes on Nva Stands;
Ls6, Ls5; SSP