Cubettes

As an alternative to ebay place orders here and pay either by paypal or bank transfer or cheque. When shipped and received the thread will be closed.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: Cubettes

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:41 pm

You only have to try them and Cubes will be in your musical life from now on, read what people who tried have said. Sorry to be a bit marketing about this but at least in this case it is truthful marketing.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:45 am

If you can get to Sidcup you are welcome to come and listen.

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:53 pm

Mister_G wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:26 pm
Hi Richard, a pair of cubettes at £225 sounds great, and I'm sure they will sound great, what do I need to do?

They will. I've had my pair for 6 months now and I absolutely love them. Best buy of the year for me by a long chalk, and now at that price unbelievable value.
P20 + A30 + LS3 + SSC + Squeezebox Touch + Yiang Sheng DAC-01A + Pioneer PD-30AE CDP + Synology DS118 NAS + Cube 3's sat on top of 70cm Atacama stands + Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohm headphones

Toontrev

Unread post by Toontrev » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:36 pm

Cube 2s are a absolute bargain, sounding even better after a few weeks. I also think the flush cabs enhance the appearance.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:26 pm

Bump - read the customer reviews, you really have to try, most of you will come out with a profit, as your current speaker will be worth more second hands than these cost new. AND you take no risk. AND if no likey I will pay for the return. NVA speakers (along with just about everything else about us) are subject to insult and lack of understanding, because they are so different, different looking, different (proper) presentation of music in a real room. Not fighting the room - working with it. The only speaker ever to look like Cubes was the Allison 6, but apart from cubic box we have nothing in common. Don't be scared to try, we are succeeding in the ability of the speaker because they are so different, where as all other commercial companies have got stuck in a "way" to do things with minor difference.

NVA has always believed in starting low in the range and building up through trade in as you get more confident of the products and the company. There is a lot more the others do, but the same in character or lack of, just *more* weight, size, clarity, image, bass = more real.

I intend to make our speakers a market leader in quality / price. Get in early get the bargains.

No wadding, No crossover, Doped drivers so crossover redundant, just protection cap on tweeter. Lined acrylic cases. Acoustic suspension / infinite baffle. Near or on wall placement. Easy to tune to the room. Have NO preference in music types as they have no character, they just play the music given to them. Lowest in room audible distortion of ANY other speaker made, because it is so simple but balanced. It just gets out of the way of the music, what ever it is.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:07 am

The ONLY way to understand and appreciate Cubes is to use Cubes and live with them for few days. My problem is the design is SO different to the run of the mill out there that maybe people are scared of the difference. They don't even show their best at shows because peoples minds are set to what they are hearing room after room some better than others but all basically the same, until the NVA room.

So the Cubette is here to make it as easy as possible to get the point, as they say, because once you do you wont change back, read the reviews. Though you will need a wall to work off if you want full benefit, the only return has been because of that.

Victorquartermaine
Great Britain

Unread post by Victorquartermaine » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:31 am

Day 3 with the cubettes. Been playing a lot more jazz and Tull for some reason. It just sounds sublime on these things!
I believe I've identified the problem with this nva kit
With hifi we're used to listening to the sound, analysing and justifying the kit.
I haven't been listening. I've been enjoying.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:42 pm

I am being trolled elsewhere about my claim that the Cube design produces the speaker with the lowest audible distortion (to the music). I stand by it and can prove it, and not only me, just ask those who have bought them, EVERYONE says they just get out of the way of the music = the speaker with the lowest audible distortion.

AND I CHALLENGE ANYONE TO PROVE ME WRONG. The design is musically way ahead of anything else out there that I have heard in nearly 50 years of listening to hi-fi and pro speakers. The latest changes to the design in new tweeter that I rebuild and the cabinet now being thinner acrylic and then ceramic lined has taken the design forward, not enough to change for the sake of it as the old ones were special as well. BUT now they are a little bit more special.

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:53 am

I received my Cube 2s yesterday and after the Cubettes the bass is much fuller. My experience with non NVA speakers with fuller bass is that it has then had an impact on the rest of the frequency range. However the 2s manage fuller bass with no detriment elsewhere. There are many other improvements which I will review in due course but to me that shows the lack of distortion in the Cube design.

Congratulation on a great range of speakers Doc.
NVA BMU - NVA Phono 1 - Systemdek IIX/Rega RB250/Denon DL160 & Philips CD 104 with NOS mod - TIS & SSP mkii - NVA AP70sa - Epos ES11.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:37 am

Filters is what is wrong with modern speakers, done to cure problems, the difference with Cubes is we make the parts or modify the parts so there are no need for filters, mechanical or electrical, combine that with rigidity of construction so the wave is not warped and correct dispersion for a NORMAL domestic room so that the room becomes the speakers friend not its enemy to be fought with even more filters and overpriced absorbing crap, or even worse digital correction (what ever that means).

Simplicity, getting out of the way of the music, not throwing more and more nonsense at problems that shouldn't be there in the first place.