1. No ad-hominem2
2. No spamming or shilling
rodwil100
United States of America

Tresham DR-302 / PS-302 For Sale

Unread post by rodwil100 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:09 am

US eBay listing here:

https://www.ebay.com/mys/active?MyEbayB ... extSelling

I purchased the unit new in Cambridge, England in 1982-ish. It was ordered for me from Tresham electrically configured for US operation. I personally brought it through JFK customs into the US.

My front end was a Logic DM 101 turntable / Goldring coil cartridge and a McIntosh C504 preamp. With my Linn Sara speakers and a properly setup room the sound was transparent and produced a perfectly positioned sound stage. Beautiful music was simply beautiful.

I had a pair of 15” Fisher Studio Monitors updated with JBL D140F, 15” speakers. Occasionally, when I wanted to rock the block, I’d plug them in and let the DR loose. This amp will go loud while Still maintaining all the dynamics in the recording. Warning: Digital source only for these ‘speed-runs.’ It will upset a turntable. The sonic drama available from this amp is spectacular. It’s a monster.

I'm currently using my Audio Vois Amp/preamp (also from Cambridge) with my Saras. I sold the C504 along with the Fishers and have no use for Tresham. My Audio Vois is plenty for my little Linns. It's sad to have it just sitting on a shelf in my closet. My old pal needs a good home with a Big yard where it can be let out to run.

valvesRus
Great Britain

Re: Tresham DR-302 / PS-302 For Sale

Unread post by valvesRus » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:35 am

rodwil100
United States of America

Re: Tresham DR-302 / PS-302 For Sale

Unread post by rodwil100 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:32 pm

Thx for the link update. It'll be sad to see 'em go. They've always been a happy reminder of my British adventures for both me and my local neighborhood :)

I expect the little shop in Cambridge ordered them for me from Tresham's old address at 32 Tresham Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, Cambs. It was just up the road but took a couple of days to get them. The units had to be fitted for US operation. Ahh the memories. Yet another great trip to the isles. Hope I can help my old pals find their way back home.