NVA and hi-fi shows

savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: NVA and hi-fi shows

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed May 16, 2018 10:10 am

I'd cover all bases.

Try the wifi, have some files on hard drive, and a CD player...
"Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch, It generates a warmth around the ground that augurs well for mankind."

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed May 16, 2018 10:12 am

Fretless wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:09 am
Didn't you say that visitors could play their own CD's? - you would need the CD player anyway.
Apart from here the blurb hasn't been published, I can change my mind, it can be altered.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed May 16, 2018 10:57 pm

BTW I do need help in the room if anyone is coming. Even if for an hour it will all help. So who is coming.

I would love to take a TT. I am listening to my G99 / Neat using Shure M55E / Jico, through Phono1 mm into the starter system (apart from P50 instead of P20). Playing Gracelands, love it !! But it is all so much weight and hassle to lug around.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu May 17, 2018 11:59 am

Bugger - I am abroad for the 2 weeks that this is in the middle of. Hadn't realised until now.
"Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch, It generates a warmth around the ground that augurs well for mankind."

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu May 17, 2018 12:11 pm

Boy Friday can do the National Show in Sept but not this one, so still looking for volunteers. Show is free entry, but I will have trade badges.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu May 17, 2018 12:37 pm

I will come and say hello at the September one...in my diary.

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis » Thu May 17, 2018 1:14 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:11 pm
Boy Friday can do the National Show in Sept but not this one, so still looking for volunteers. Show is free entry, but I will have trade badges.
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but shouldn't Boy Friday be known as Beaker :lol:
NVA BMU - NVA Phono 1 - Systemdek IIX/Rega RB250/Denon DL160 & Philips CD 104 with NOS mod - TIS & SSP mkii - NVA AP70sa - Epos ES11.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu May 17, 2018 1:18 pm

No, Beaker was adopted by DSJR.

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Thu May 17, 2018 3:21 pm

Try the wifi, have some files on hard drive, and a CD player...
In my experience the show will be a soup of RF and the WiFi will be unreliable. The only way I got reliable data was to bring my own wired network and to use a wireless access point if I wanted to talk to portable devices. Doesn't have to be expensive or complex, a tp-link switch and possible Wifi endpoint is all you need. Don't use DNS do everything with ip addresses on your own private class C.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri May 18, 2018 10:30 pm

Thanks Nick

I know I am weird but want to do specific things. I want to play internet radio through my laptop most of the time, so I can just let it get on with it (Radio Swiss Jazz and Classical and Radio Paradise). Hotel wi-fi is useless so do I need a dongle with the minimum pay as you go time of one month, and do I need 4g and how many gigs of data will I need for a shows duration.

If I can do that it is one thing less to lug around as in CD player and CDs.