Audio Addicts (ex The Audio Forum)

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
scotty38
Great Britain

Re: Audio Addicts (ex The Audio Forum)

Unread post by scotty38 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:31 am

Yep same here. I don't have a static but the address I'm assigned doesn't change very often so it's almost as good as.

scotty38
Great Britain

Unread post by scotty38 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:32 am

savvypaul wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:15 am
I can send a PM to Westie requesting reinstatement, if you wish...
Thanks and appreciated.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:12 am

Following bigboys sale of the Phono 2 there is an entertaining thread on buying, selling and taking advice. :Bllocks: is being spouted about members of HFS having the same entrenched views. The only common denominator i am aware of is love of music in a domestic environment, being reproduced via digital or analogue sources where there is disagreement about which is best.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:29 am

It is yet another excuse being created by a Marco bum licker lovebug, in this case Macca Pakka, for the thing they cannot cope with. That being the success of NVA when people hear it. As with the censorship, bake-off bans, etc etc the only way they see to stop it is bollocks like this. Anything to try and stop people hearing it.

It is such stoooopidity as what it says is that everyone (well nearly) who tries NVA, buys it, or doesn't send it back under the return scheme, is of the same mind and preferences. Well obviously that is impossible, I cannot pre-select who tries it. The truth is it is that good.

Bigmans position is understandable, the Wizard thingy is his baby, he built it, he bought the P2 to show how much better the Wizard is than the P2, found out it wasn't BUT AT LEAST HAD THE HONESTY TO SAY SO. Here at HFS we give credit for honesty where it is due. It was obvious to me it would be sold, it was bought for comparison purposes, it has served its purpose.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:29 am
It is yet another excuse being created by a Marco bum licker lovebug, in this case Macca Pakka, for the thing they cannot cope with. That being the success of NVA when people hear it. As with the censorship, bake-off bans, etc etc the only way they see to stop it is bollocks like this. Anything to try and stop people hearing it.

It is such stoooopidity as what it says is that everyone (well nearly) who tries NVA, buys it, or doesn't send it back under the return scheme, is of the same mind and preferences. Well obviously that is impossible, I cannot pre-select who tries it. The truth is it is that good.

Bigmans position is understandable, the Wizard thingy is his baby, he built it, he bought the P2 to show how much better the Wizard is than the P2, found out it wasn't BUT AT LEAST HAD THE HONESTY TO SAY SO. Here at HFS we give credit for honesty where it is due. It was obvious to me it would be sold, it was bought for comparison purposes, it has served its purpose.
If I buy something better I keep it. Likely Oliver needs to recoup the cost as I doubt his homebrew is going to be an easy sale. He was honest enough to say how good it is. Unfortunately Macca has got himself involved so I am calling him out on that bake off. Since he claims to be unbiased in owning NVA why does he go along with Marco's bans? Let's just have a honest bake off that involves NVA and the Wizard with a variety of other quality products. Open to all to attend!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:56 pm

Much crap is going on in that thread - mostly from Westie and Macca Pakka. They look to any opportunity to diss HFS, and now the fact that we call this an NVA forum is being used and twisted into another one.

So let us get to THE TRUTH, a speciality here which is completely lost at AoS and now it seems AA as well. So listen up you knob heads who want to corrupt reality. This forum is *exactly* the same as it has always been. It was an open non aligned forum with a NVA room so as not to pollute the rest of the forum. Obviously we had become something different and I could not stop NVA going onto the rest of the forum, sooo TO BE HONEST REALITY WAS DECLARED - IT HAS *BECOME* A NVA FORUM by default, so I said so.

Forum is identical now apart from I will not give rooms to other direct seller, but none took advantage so no change there. Members can express opinion about any product and are welcome to prefer any product to NVA and say so. Our rules are our rules and very simple they are, and note Westie how they have stopped the problems you claim to be plagued with. IMO the problem is not rules it is YOU - you are biased and your moderation is biased shite, as shown in this thread picking on and trying to shut up Classic !!!!

If you had the intelligence to note, or it didn't interfere with your agenda you will see people join here largely for two reason 1/ they have bought NVA and want to talk to other users 2/ they came because it is a forum and they wanted one, but on seeing the posts and opinions THEY TRIED NVA and now they own it - you should ask yourself why. Not for the stoooopid and corrupt reason you refer to. We have only about 600 members where as AoS has 15,000, yet there are about the same number of regular poster on each of them - odd isn't it??? Still there are many member who don't own NVA and they are most welcome to be members.

Simply that thread is showing the bias and agenda of the forum owner, and how far Macca Pakka's tongue is up Marco's arse, nothing more.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:30 pm

It seems Savvy and Classic are being lined up for the next bans at Audio Addicts =

BIASED MODERATION

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Forum issues aside the thread is split into two camps, compulsive, addictive side ways box swappers and music lovers. The HFS/NVA camp is the latter.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:26 pm

AND music lovers are here. Do Missy and Karne own NVA gear, NO, they are here to talk about music and good for them!!!!

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:59 am

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:30 pm
It seems Savvy and Classic are being lined up for the next bans at Audio Addicts =

BIASED MODERATION
The irony is that my post that was removed was largely complimentary of Macca. Here's the text, as best I can recall:

Macca has shown the ability to separate his opinion of Richard's products from his opinion of Richard, the man. A similar approach to moderation at AOS would make that forum a more worthwhile and truthful place.

Andrew is often away from the forum for large chunks of the day. When he does get online there is too much to read to do justice to individual posts and it's likely he will also miss stuff that should be removed. If what is removed and what is left appears to favour one side of an argument over another then, even if accidental, it creates an impression of bias.

He needs to get other mods on board to ensure that ad-hom does not run free.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2