Curious!

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Curious!

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I note more and more comments agreeing with me about what a rip-off our industry has become and saying more companies are jumping on the rip-off. I see more and more of it everyday at forums. Well who has been saying it on forums for over 12 years :roll: so they finally catch up. Also more anti flat earth brainwash post each month again the world is catching up with me, 12 years ago I was a pariah to be insulted and called a liar.

So look at the industry, we should make a list of who is not ripping you off, for me it is just Richer Sounds and ME!!!

I should start a thread for people to list non rip off suppliers, and if anyone says Rega I will blow, they are just not such a big rip-off - still ripping though. Who is direct selling with no dealer margins, who is importing and selling direct at sensible prices.

antonio66
Been thanked: 0

Re: Curious!

Unread post by antonio66 »

Here's the first one then:
http://emotiva-audio.co.uk/

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Direct selling = LesW at Avondale Audio. Nothing is too much trouble for Les. No slurp just good sounding ultra reliable products. He sold many parts to me to build my own amplifiers. Spent a day there talking and me looking through his treasure trove of goodies. Came home with more than I went for but no hard sell. Les insisted I take the amplifiers back when finished so that he could check I had done everything correctly. Need to go back when I have split off the front end of my power amps and added the extra power supply and regulators. Been too busy with speakers :grin:

I don't know of any more off hand.
Last edited by karatestu on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIY FREE ZONE

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

There's lil ole me for LP12 stuff Stu.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

karatestu
Great Britain

Sorry John, did not mean to forget your superb services. :oops:

I will surely sing your praises from the roof tops when you have moved the motor position on my little old fruitbox. :dance:

Stu
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

karatestu wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:43 pm Direct selling = LesW at Avondale Audio. Nothing is too much trouble for Les. No slurp just good sounding ultra reliable products. He sold many parts to me to build my own amplifiers. Spent a day there talking and me looking through his treasure trove of goodies. Came home with more than I went for but no hard sell. Les insisted I take the amplifiers back when finished so that he could check I had done everything correctly. Need to go back when I have split off the front end of my power amps and added the extra power supply and regulators. Been too busy with speakers :grin:

I keep thinking he has retired, I am sure he said so at PFM.

karatestu
Great Britain

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:31 pm
karatestu wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:43 pm Direct selling = LesW at Avondale Audio. Nothing is too much trouble for Les. No slurp just good sounding ultra reliable products. He sold many parts to me to build my own amplifiers. Spent a day there talking and me looking through his treasure trove of goodies. Came home with more than I went for but no hard sell. Les insisted I take the amplifiers back when finished so that he could check I had done everything correctly. Need to go back when I have split off the front end of my power amps and added the extra power supply and regulators. Been too busy with speakers :grin:

I keep thinking he has retired, I am sure he said so at PFM.
He has just brought out a new amplifier board. Check out THIS thread on PFM.
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

So am I imagining it, I am sure he said he had retired, did you see that as well.

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Unread post by Stemcor1990 »

Teddy Pardo. Sells direct from his manufacturing facility. His amps made me realise how poor Naim are (no comments about everybody making an amp better than Naim please). Finally got me off the Salisbury bandwagon.

I'm still hankering after a TP v NVA bake-off......

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Isn't he in Israel, or am I mixing him up with someone else.

How about you organise it.