New NVA system.

All things NVA
Chunk McDaniel
Has thanked: 0

New NVA system.

Unread post by Chunk McDaniel »

I took delivery of my NVA speaker cables and interconnects last week and my system has been running 24/7 since then to allow a quicker break in period. This was the last pieces I needed to complete a system I have put together over a 6 month period as funds allowed.
The set up consists of P50sa, Phono2, A80's and Cube2's connected with SSC and LS3 speaker cable. My sources are Pioneer PL-600x turntable (1979) also new to me and my Naim CD5.
I initially set it up and started playing cd's on repeat dipping in and out listening to the sound as it changed and morphed into what it is now a week later. My original ampification was old school Audiolab and Harbeth P3 es speakers with the rare Extender bass units.
My initial impressions after a week are that this is the finest sound I have ever heard from a system in my 30 years of this hobby. I loved my Harbeths but was never happy with the bass. Often sounding uncontrolled and boomy. Goodbye to that nonsense. I now have bass that is controlled and tuneful in a way I have never experienced. To explain ,one of my favourite albums is Solid Air by John Martin. My old set up could never deliver what is quite a difficult double bass sound without my room walls( partition) resonating and vibrating turning the whole thing into a complete mess at times. Now I can hear evey note with clarity and realism that makes this sound like a different and even better album. A sure fire product of Richard's mantra of working with the room not against it. My old set up would often reverberate throught the house at not particularly high volumes at the same volume I can hardly hear a sound in the other rooms with the NVA system. Once in the listening room my god is there music pouring from these little cubes of wonder. I am possibly hearing real music from my sources for the first time. NVA you have been a long time coming but oh how I am glad I found you.
Thanks Richard for producing such fine components which are clearly a labour of love and thanks to all the friendly forum members who gave your welcome advice. As for the review I read in what hifi of the Cubes. I cannot understand how that fool could not get these little speakers set up properly. He is either a complete bafoon and should not be let out on his own or more likely was instructed to write up a complete hatchet job. My Cube 2's were the easiest speakers to set up I have ever listened to. They just work.
This is just initial impressions more to follow when my NVA components and cables fully settle in.

Ithilstone
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: New NVA system.

Unread post by Ithilstone »

Haha yet another fanboy :mrgreen:

Welcome to the Club :grin:
Nothing to see here...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

antonio66
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

Happy days Chuck. :grin:

Chunk McDaniel

A quick correction to my post it's the Phono1 I have. No doubt the 2 will come along sooner or later but not until I have enjoyed this for a while. :grin:

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

My main test for speakers is how they portray acoustic contrabass, like Danny Thompson's glorious bass-work on 'Solid Air'.
Even little Cubes that I have portray the force and natural character of the bass better than any other speaker type that I have encountered.

Next stop for you, try SSP and some LS5 or 6.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Great to hear this, Chunk. I used to think my Harbeths were the business - little did I realise!
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

I have had the same experience since discovering NVA though this forum. The sound I am getting now bears no comparison to a year ago. Since the Cube 3s arrived the clarity of the bass has improved beyond recognition. Walk on the wild side sounded like never before.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Chunk McDaniel

Funny you should mention that track. I thought the same when listening to Transformer yesterday. Another level of sound completely from what I had heard before. Try listening to the New Sensations album. Some incredible bass playing by Fernando Saunders.