The New Wigwam

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: The New Wigwam

Unread post by Classicrock » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:55 pm

CN211276 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:34 pm
PFP never let on the real reason why Kegworth replaced Scalford. He must have been aware that Scalford was on a very dodgy financial footing. The hotel went into administration last month, coming out of administration a week later when a new owner took over. To say the show moved to Kegworth, which has smaller rooms, out of choice is :Bllocks:
I'm sure he said it was partly due to the hotel increasing charges and the problems with parking. Kegworth is more easily accessible. Likely the old location would not make a profit in future or did not last year. Remember PFP is only in it for the money. I think the financial problems with Scalford hotel have likely come to light since the decision to move was made. Can't see PFP being privy to the hotels finances.

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:45 am

Let’s hope he gets his deserts

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:10 am

Had a look at the Kegworth website and it does seem better than Scalford. Plenty of space for sponsors and trade who are all the more conspicuous by their absence, considering PFPs financial motivation.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:11 pm

"Rooms booking up fast, get your room reserved now. OPEN TO ALL OTHER FORUMS AND LOVERS OF HIFI"

Now by any logical conclusion this should mean I can get a room. Or is he lying.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:27 pm

I managed about three posts last year before I was banned, one suggested that NVA should have a room. I recall a follow up post from someone saying why not.
And northwest of Pegasus

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system

Out and about

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:30 pm

Because *WE* criticised their business model. And Pissed Stained Blanket would give me a room over his dead body.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:36 pm

why are you surprised or is it just a game. the simple truth is your way and wigwam way are polar opposites, you makes your choice and live with the consequences.

stop asking for a ticket to their show and instead do your best to destroy them
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:45 pm

I think we might have gone some way to destroying them. The paid for real reviews have dried up. They are doing there best to destroy themselves with an advert for a mains leading costing nearly £600 flashing up large when you enter the site. The visitor attendance figure at Kegworth will be interesting. I doubt it they will disclose it.
And northwest of Pegasus

Second system

Out and about

Bernard Quatermass
Great Britain

Unread post by Bernard Quatermass » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Ah, Wigwam. One of the funniest things I've ever seen was the mass banning of the in-crowd. How the bullies cried and wailed. Off they went to PFM to moan about how rotten they'd been treated. Earl of Sodbury, Coco, Browell and various hangers on. Some of the minor league members escaped the ban, due to them being so forgettable the mods overlooked them. They had to make further stupid posts to earn a ban and remain in the gang.

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:46 am

Are we in agreement the current Form/Sales device meddlers are loosing the battle to increase income/membership?

How many years will it last? What will be the next desperate trick to make a buck?