The New Wigwam

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
keepitsimplestupid
Great Britain

Re: The New Wigwam

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:55 pm

All building trades are looking to rip you off. I drive 100 miles to have my car serviced by the only honest mechanic I know. It's a sad state of affairs.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:20 pm

AND the information being given here in this thread is both wrong and dangerous https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/1294 ... ng/?page=2

I can even tell you the origins of this in audio as I was part of it, and the folklaw / bullshit developed from that. Late 80's I was asked to produce over the top bling amps for the Far East, my major market so I had to agree. This was the mk1 Statement Range. It looked daft with normal black mains cable so I looked for an alternative and found what was called armoured mains cable with a steel web wound around the cable exampled here https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/M ... mkQAvD_BwE it was silver coloured and matched the chrome amps nicely so I used it, IT WAS NEVER DESIGNED TO HAVE THE WIRE MESH CONNECTED TO ANYTHING, it is there for strength only. I decided to my surprise it sounded better than non armoured same spec, not a lot but enough to notice. BUT it is huge, stiff, and a PITA to work with, which counters the small benefit.

My mistake I talked about it and the folklaw spread, and Eeeeeediots decided that it must be a screen so should be earthed, NO!!!!, it should act as a Faraday Cage with no connection to anything. It is also potentially dangerous as the armour is not designed to carry current and does not have a good insulation outside compared with the main cores. SOOOO any damage to the cable making one of the current carrying cores to short to it and allows current to flow to earth will melt that insulation and could cause a fire, it is a definite NO - NO even written up in the regs as such. It is time some of these arses actually read the regs.

Yet here is someone yet again pretending to give good information and talking out of his arse along with others there, and they let him. YET ME! who gives good and accurate information is stopped from giving it.

BIASED MODERATION

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:36 pm

I am lucky enough to know an electrician and have not been ripped off. I'm sure I would have paid a fortune for jobs I have had done otherwise.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

slinger
Great Britain

Unread post by slinger » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:25 pm

My son is an electrician, as are two of my mates. I don't get ripped off. :mrgreen:
Amps - NVA P50, A30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:57 pm

Peter Sowerby
12:14 PM (1 hour ago)
to me

Good afternoon Richard,

I can't quite believe that after the amnesty, my specific word to my mod team to follow the AUP (which they have every step of the way) you have this crazy notion to post on your forum about how the are BIASED MODERATION

It is becoming so tired and tedious that its beyond boring. The problem is that anyone else opinion that goes against your own is instantly deemed incorrect.

Your other post on not allowing people into your room at the show as a 'tit for tat' 'two can play at that game' was probably posted tongue in cheek with a few laughing smileys but I know it closer to the truth.

Let me be clear:

Many of us don't like the way HFS moderates but you think its the right way, well we think the way we moderate is also the right way but non of us bothers to write post after post about 'how' you moderate.

If you don't like it don't post and stay at HFS
If you are going to cause issues at the show don't come.......its very simple.

Currently the choice of how this pans out are currently yours, however if you carry on like this then it will be my choice.

Everyone has opinions they believe in, it doesn't mean to say they are correct. Wise men believe in their opinions but also take on board others. Fools talk the loudest and have no consideration for others or their opinions.

Please put this on your forum

To Peter Sowerby (gmail.com)

As you can see if you have any understanding of electrical safety they have used it as a way to stop me posting, not all of them as Rabski seems fairly normal, but most of them which is enough to continue the on going problem from before you allowed me back. It is simple most of them disagreed with your decision and have been looking for an excuse to get rid of us again they could get away with. They knew perfectly well I would not put up with being moderated, I will not put up with any censorship, so the job they wanted to do was done via the back door.

I call it biased moderation because that is what it is as others including themselves are doing the same thing re discussion of electrical supply, the difference being I can demonstrate and prove I know what I am talking about they can't and just operate the bias and a set of rules that make no sense. I have NOT broken those rules,.so I am showing the hypocrisy of it at HFS, one of the reasons HFS exists.

This is not the same situation as existed before, my argument is not with you, you kept your word and removed the bans, your moderators are the problem as they looked for ways of reversing it. Privately encouraging trolls to attack me was one way, hoping I would blow my top, I didn't.

You see I have no problem with Wigwam as a concept, I wouldn't do it your way, and I think it is clunky and ugly but it is your business. The problem is Wigwam is two entities, you and them, they are the problem not you. I would love to do the show but the same thing will happen the mods will try and stop it.

You need to sort out your own house, you chased out some of the rats but others are still there playing their own games according to the old Wigwam rules.

Richard Dunn

As an addenda I am perfectly willing to have a proper legal set of rules about electrical supply applied to me, the same as we do here. Nothing illegal or liable to the law is written here and I make a point of knowing that. Where as your rule is all over the place and allows these things to happen, as it is mod *interpreted* according to *their* bias. I will with pleasure write a version that will be legal and make sense and cannot be used the way your present one is. OR you can just blanket ban anything to do with discussion of mains electricity. You see the problem is according to my brain I have not broken your rule, I even proved it to them with Gov safety advice that what I recommended is recommended in that advice. "Make sure all connection in wall sockets are tight and intact" and this is listed as a DIY job. To not do this with a Ring Circuit can cause fires as current cannot flow around the ring and follows the shortest course and overloads and overheats that wire, which can cause house fires.

You see the sad thing here Peter is I know my subject they don't, and their abuse of that *lack of knowledge* and the use of it to get rid of me is all that is behind this. I tried to correct it privately to be faced with a brick wall - "decision has been made it will not change" - OK so that has forced me to make my own decision and out the process here to show it up. You have your decision now, probably to ban me again and we are back to square one and the trolls have won. There is another way, remove my posting restriction and get them to confirm *EXACTLY* what I am allowed to say about mains supply, not a rule that can be twisted. If for example it said on your rules that no discussion is allowed of anything past the plug in the wall, then I would oblige it. But that is not the point here is it because it is an excuse.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:45 pm

"Either stop dissing the way we mod and simply get on with being part of the forum OR I personally will cease your account and refuse you access to the show. I’m sorry it’s come to this but this is your own doing, not mine."

Ludicrous new post, he complains at me yet he doesn't even know I have been effectively banned. I cannot post without my posts being approved and moderated before posting. Is this a normal member, of course not, I want to be a normal member, but I am denied it by the Wigwam moderators he has appointed. I will not post into censorship, this not Nazi Germany you know. I would never do this to a forum member here it is a complete insult. If a post here breaks our rules it is removed and explained, THAT IS NORMAL BEHAVIOUR!!!

So you have a choice make me a normal member again and take away the moderator insult and I have no need to complain, but if not then THE PURPOSE of this thread kicks in, and if you boot then you have war again it is that simple.

You (your mods) are breaking your agreement with us (me), I am no longer a member who can post on your forum, if it stays that way I am not a member so you might as well ban me and lets get back to the way we were if that is what you want again.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:38 am

I think this need repeating as it is the essence of this problem.

"You see the problem is according to my brain I have not broken your rule, I even proved it to them with Gov safety advice that what I recommended is recommended in that advice. "Make sure all connection in wall sockets are tight and intact" and this is listed as a DIY job. To not do this with a Ring Circuit can cause fires as current cannot flow around the ring and follows the shortest course and overloads and overheats that wire, which can cause house fires."

It is saying this and that this may be causing noise problems in his system is the reason my plug was pulled.

This is what you don't see when you look at my homepage, but I do when logging on.

COMMUNITY REPUTATION
Excellent
See reputation activity

11 warning points
Restrictions being applied:
Content moderated

Warning
By jkbmusic, August 31

And this is a pop up from that box.

10 Warning
Acknowledged
jkbmusic

Warning issued by jkbmusic
August 31
Penalty

Given 10 points which will never expire.

Note for member

You are advocating that amateurs tamper with electricity sockets to improve the sound quality.
**************************************************************************************************************************************

Members do not see this only mods and myself see this 1/ it is not true 2/ it is wrong 3/ it is stooopid 4/ it is an insult to my intelligence 5/ It is removing my membership via the back door as no one will post under those Nazi censorship conditions. I will never accept ANYONE telling me that what I write has to be approved before people are allowed to read it. If I break the rules, which is very easy with Wigwam daft electrical supply badly and daftly worded AUP, which make its application open to bias and abuse as has happened here, then remove the post and tell me why, that would be normal behaviour.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:58 am

Now I hope people can see one of the main purposes of EOTW, if this room didn't exist no one would know this is happening, and they would get away with it, and there would be no comment from Peter. It is because this thread and this forum tells the truth and points a searchlight at injustice and bad behaviour by forum owners and mods. Simply they don't like it, which is why this forum is abused so much.

The other forums run a cartel like censorship scheme where their AUPs state that no discussion of other forums or other forum member is allowed, so they protect each other. This forum is the opposite, anyone with a complaint about a member or a forum owner can come here and make it public, as long as it contains no libel you will be given airtime here.

Many forum owners have tried to shut us down or silence us with threats of denying me or members here access to those forums. This happened at Wigwam in the past, and to his credit Peter went back to create a day one, only now to be thwarted by his moderators, and the bias and restrictions and threats of bans if I don't shut up are being applied again - so what comes around goes around :roll:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:21 pm

Look at how many Wigwam mods are members and post at Audio Abattoir, four at least out of the ten. Either they make it obvious like Men in Black or it needs some digging. Many have expressed anti nva and me sentiment on that forum so their opinion is public to see. In MIB case the fact that I might go to the Kegworth show is derided. Also I have proof that Blackbeard appeared out of Audio Abattoir with approval of members there including Wigwam moderators. Why do you think he lasted so long and was given such freedom to insult me and NVA.

Games are being played that people need to see.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:04 pm

I think it is time to update you all with the email stream that has continued. Remember his request to publish it. Also it will be good for Wigwam member lurkers to read it.

So to keep continuity - from the beginning.

Tedious

Peter Sowerby
Sep 15, 2018, 12:14 PM (2 days ago)
to me

Good afternoon Richard,

I can't quite believe that after the amnesty, my specific word to my mod team to follow the AUP (which they have every step of the way) you have this crazy notion to post on your forum about how the are BIASED MODERATION

It is becoming so tired and tedious that its beyond boring. The problem is that anyone else opinion that goes against your own is instantly deemed incorrect.

Your other post on not allowing people into your room at the show as a 'tit for tat' 'two can play at that game' was probably posted tongue in cheek with a few laughing smileys but I know it closer to the truth.

Let me be clear:

Many of us don't like the way HFS moderates but you think its the right way, well we think the way we moderate is also the right way but non of us bothers to write post after post about 'how' you moderate.

If you don't like it don't post and stay at HFS
If you are going to cause issues at the show don't come.......its very simple.

Currently the choice of how this pans out are currently yours, however if you carry on like this then it will be my choice.

Everyone has opinions they believe in, it doesn't mean to say they are correct. Wise men believe in their opinions but also take on board others. Fools talk the loudest and have no consideration for others or their opinions.

Please put this on your forum

Richard Dunn <nvahifi@gmail.com>
Sep 15, 2018, 1:53 PM (2 days ago)
to Peter

As you can see if you have any understanding of electrical safety they have used it as a way to stop me posting, not all of them as Rabski seems fairly normal, but most of them which is enough to continue the on going problem from before you allowed me back. It is simple most of them disagreed with your decision and have been looking for an excuse to get rid of us again they could get away with. They knew perfectly well I would not put up with being moderated, I will not put up with any censorship, so the job they wanted to do was done via the back door.

I call it biased moderation because that is what it is as others including themselves are doing the same thing re discussion of electrical supply, the difference being I can demonstrate and prove I know what I am talking about they can't and just operate the bias and a set of rules that make no sense. I have NOT broken those rules,.so I am showing the hypocrisy of it at HFS, one of the reasons HFS exists.

This is not the same situation as existed before, my argument is not with you, you kept your word and removed the bans, your moderators are the problem as they looked for ways of reversing it. Privately encouraging trolls to attack me was one way, hoping I would blow my top, I didn't.

You see I have no problem with Wigwam as a concept, I wouldn't do it your way, and I think it is clunky and ugly but it is your business. The problem is Wigwam is two entities, you and them, they are the problem not you. I would love to do the show but the same thing will happen the mods will try and stop it.

You need to sort out your own house, you chased out some of the rats but others are still there playing their own games according to the old Wigwam rules.

--
Richard Dunn
NVA HiFi
www.nvahifi.co.uk
www.hifisubjectivist.org

Peter Sowerby
Sep 15, 2018, 6:32 PM (2 days ago)
to me

Richard,

You keep on making the same point that you are right and they are wrong.

My house is very solid, you also seem to think that Mods remain from before, they don’t.

Upon my takeover I lifted all bans and removed all mods then personally engaged some old and some new because they are completely diverse in their opinions.

I don’t know how to make it clearer. Either stop dissing the way we mod and simply get on with being part of the forum OR I personally will cease your account and refuse you access to the show. I’m sorry it’s come to this but this is your own doing, not mine.

Regards
Peter

Sent from my iPhone

Sep 15, 2018, 9:58 PM (2 days ago)
to Peter

I am not part of the forum, haven't you worked that out yet. I have been gagged, so cannot post without being censored. I will not put up with it. AND this was given to me as explained if you can be bothered to read by biased moderation. Even member at wigwam are now commenting on it. Why some people can say things yet I am not allowed to. So if you think I am a normal member of the forum then make me that again and will have no need to complain.

Richard Dunn
Sep 16, 2018, 12:24 PM (1 day ago)
Note this is allowed, yet I am gagged for far less. Note final post, members are seeing the bias and commenting. https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/129401-mains

1:48 PM (6 hours ago)
to Peter

This is not going to go away, two choices give me my posting rights back and apply a sensible rule to electrical discussion so they cannot do it again, or ban me - your choice.

Peter Sowerby
4:15 PM (3 hours ago)
to me

Who the hell do you think you are exactly?

I think you are forgetting who owns the forum, two or three times I have tried to forget all the chaos you cause but to be honest you are all out there on your own, I have never come across anyone like you.

There is little point discussing anymore and I have better things to do with my time.

Sent from my iPhone

4:46 PM (3 hours ago)
to Peter

You forget you started this conversation, not me. I have tried to explain how the problem has occurred but you refuse to see it even though I have shown you proof. I have told you we have two choices, so make it. I started dissing your mods because they are blocking me posting on the forum, I am not dissing you or your forum. So if you wish to stop it then give me back my posting rights OR ban me which takes us back to square one and back to your forum being a target for us again.

You see giving me back my membership with one hand and taking it away with the other is not part of our agreement. Give me back my posting membership and all this goes away - your choice.

5:51 PM (2 hours ago)
to Peter

Also we can talk some more about your moderators. I take it from your comments that you haven't followed my posts at the forum. NONE have been disruptive, all have been helpful, none of them rude and I have behaved like a normal member. The disruption has come from troll signing up to try and get me booted, one of them at least with approval of some of your mods, forum name Blackbeard (the pirate) along with others who follow me around the forums to try and get me banned. The latter were removed quickly but the pirate was left on for a long time even though he proved he only posted about me and nva to try and damage us. He was eventually put on moderated posts the same as I am now on and now refuses to post because he can no longer attack me. I am told part of getting all the mods to agree was to find a way to do the same to me, and that has happened.

So if you have been told I have been disruptive or a bad member by your mods you are being lied to, and my archive of posts there proves it. What some people see as my disruption was when ever I posted people arrived to disrupt, not me. This has been part of their games for years to keep me off forums, you letting me back on was a challenge for them. Many originate from Audio Abattoir, including the pirate, and how many members of your moderating team are member there and contributing to this. This is the problem not me.

Peter Sowerby
6:14 PM (1 hour ago)
to me

How dare you threaten me. That’s enough, you are nothing but an utter troublemaker.

Get a life Richard and grow up and more importantly stop emailing or any sort of contact.

Sent from my iPhone

6:31 PM (1 hour ago)
to Peter

What threat, don't talk nonsense. What is going on with you, are we speaking the same language. I am explaining what has been going on at your forum you obviously know nothing about, how can that be a threat. I say again you emailed me I didn't email you, you told me to stop complaining about biased moderation or you would ban me, THAT IS THE ONLY THREAT MADE!! Since then I have carefully explained to you what has happened at your forum, for you to get more and more annoyed each time I give you more facts, why is that. Most normal people would see I am trying to help you with the problems you have there. I say again find ANY post where I have disrupted the forum, but there were literally hundreds that tried to disrupt me with at least 20 Trolls signing on and removed, most of them sock puppets of one person Rudi Hucker and one who was supported by about half of your mod team who called himself a pirate called Blackbeard, most is still left up in the posting archive record. I was very well behaved and didn't respond because that is the excuse they wanted, so they had to find another excuse.

This is the truth provable in your archive, if you have been told anything else it is lies.