What RCM?

All general audio posts go here.
jayman67
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What RCM?

Unread post by jayman67 »

its not so much a closed mind with me it the fear of fuking up a £300 stylus.
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

FFS RCM cleaning fluid is going to feck up a stylus. THINK MAN!! if it was going to do it, it would have done it by now, it is on your records even after drying. Just not in enough quantity to be a full liquid which is what is required. But in enough chemical content over time to coat your stylus and the join with the cantilever, has it dropped off?

It is as though I am talking to no one with brains, and yes I do mean this as an insult. A stylus scrapes in a rough groove and you think that is better than lubricating the groove for the stylus to run WITHOUT THE WEAR AND POTENTIAL DAMAGE!!!!!!.... AND if RCM fluid caused a stylus to detach from cantilever we would have heard about it by now don't you think. Do you think water will cause your cart to explode or something. Some complete fecking eeeediot on the forum I referred to even talked about voltage and water don't mix. There is more voltage on the end of my dick than on the stylus of a cart and I regularly get that wet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What gain do I get talking about this, do you think the water companies are paying or something.

FFS

jayman67

Unread post by jayman67 »

you can stamp and shout all you like,call me thick etc,i aint doing it .end off,you've got your opinions and ive got mine and thats that.judging by the responses i think your on you own with this one.
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Then why are you bothering posting about it, do you have something to prove - because I have!!

I have spent my life in this industry in a minority, and often of ONE, I don't give a shite about that I still say what is right and what I have proved to myself to be true. And now a lot of what I stood up for is accepted, and so will this one when ignorant people decide to open their minds and try it.

rikardo1979

Unread post by rikardo1979 »

• AMP -Sugden A21; Pioneer SC-LX59 Home cinema
  • Speakers - Spendor D7 (Special Ebony finish)
  • Analogue - Clearaudio Concept MM
  • Phono - Clearaudio Nano
  • Digital - Philips CD753 with TDA1549; AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre V3 DAC ES9023 TCXO; Sony BDP-S500
  • RCM - Project VC-S
  • Cables - Chord Epic Twin speaker cables; DIY Inteconnects (Van Damme)
[/size][/font]

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The first one is a good discussion and the people who said they tried it liked it but for one who said it made no difference. Apart from that it was the usual from people who refused to try.

The second and third link are bullshit! they refer to the problems with Lenco Fluid and the like, they don't apply to water, or water with a small cleaning additive like a screen wash as the one I use ECO. You don't make a puddle in this case it is a mist spray. The other way of proving what is being said in those two links is nonsense as if it was true then using record cleaning fluids would damage and ruin your records as the brush "plays" the fluid into the grooves.

rikardo1979

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:The other way of proving what is being said in those two links is nonsense is if it was true then using record cleaning fluids would damage and ruin your records as the brush "plays" the fluid into the grooves.
I would say that is a way different as the fibers on brush are much thicker than diamond/crystal tip on stylus.
Also fibers are flexible so can not really push as hard as stylus, so can not create such force and build up pressure in groove. But, this is only my logical assumption based on basic physics.

I quite like this discussion as it is very interesting, so please do not take as trolling ;)
  • Digital - Philips CD753 with TDA1549; AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre V3 DAC ES9023 TCXO; Sony BDP-S500
  • RCM - Project VC-S
[/size][/font]

rikardo1979

I have realized that the poll from this thread was removed??? And the reason would be?
  • RCM - Project VC-S
[/size][/font]

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It had finished no one had voted for over a week. You had all the information you are going to get. We remove polls at that point. The only permanent ones are which forum do you post on and the EU vote one until the vote.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

rikardo1979 wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:The other way of proving what is being said in those two links is nonsense is if it was true then using record cleaning fluids would damage and ruin your records as the brush "plays" the fluid into the grooves.
I would say that is a way different as the fibers on brush are much thicker than diamond/crystal tip on stylus.
Also fibers are flexible so can not really push as hard as stylus, so can not create such force and build up pressure in groove. But, this is only my logical assumption based on basic physics.
Exactly why lubrication is important. A turntable is a flat bed lathe, with a cutter and a work piece, that is how record acetate masters are made. You find me a lathe without a cooling lubricating fluid feed. It is just in play mode you have to balance the desire for good firm contact v re-cutting the groove. With old record players with crystal carts and 6 or more gram tracking weight you were almost re-cutting the groove.