Michell record clamp

All general audio posts go here.
rikardo1979
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Michell record clamp

Unread post by rikardo1979 »

Anyone using this Michell record clamp? I have it and am very happy with it. Serves great, especially when you have warped record.

Just bought this latest Pink Floyd - The Endless River. So far we have tried 3 copies, all badly warped. This latest is a bit less but still. So we decide to keep it as I have no time to going back to stores and keep replacing it.

Its damn good album, so reall shame so many badly pressed copies. But this clamp help a lot as you can see. I just made a quick video

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhPYLzGp59g[/BBvideo]
  • AMP -Sugden A21; Pioneer SC-LX59 Home cinema
  • Speakers - Spendor D7 (Special Ebony finish)
  • Analogue - Clearaudio Concept MM
  • Phono - Clearaudio Nano
  • Digital - Philips CD753 with TDA1549; AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre V3 DAC ES9023 TCXO; Sony BDP-S500
  • RCM - Project VC-S
  • Cables - Chord Epic Twin speaker cables; DIY Inteconnects (Van Damme)
[/size][/font]

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: Michell record clamp

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

What's wrong with it without anything? Just a gentle warp at the edge? That ain't warped ;)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

rikardo1979

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:What's wrong with it without anything? Just a gentle warp at the edge? That ain't warped ;)
Not sure if you are serious or just joking :think:
For me this is no good. Especially with 180g record. Record should be flat, which this is obviously not :evil:
  • Digital - Philips CD753 with TDA1549; AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre V3 DAC ES9023 TCXO; Sony BDP-S500
  • RCM - Project VC-S
[/size][/font]

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

My copy is dead flat - first I've heard of warps on this title. If you are getting them from the same supplier it may be a case of bad storage. Records don't come of the press warped so it has something to do with the cooling process or handling and transport.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

rikardo1979

Classicrock wrote:My copy is dead flat - first I've heard of warps on this title. If you are getting them from the same supplier it may be a case of bad storage. Records don't come of the press warped so it has something to do with the cooling process or handling and transport.
different places. 2 copies from one shop in Poole, the last one which is on this video come from different shop in Christchurch.
Cant say if they have same distributor but I doubt as in Poole we bought from HMV, and this copy is from little record shop

edit: but there are other people reporting same with this album, this time totally different place in country, somewhere in London
  • RCM - Project VC-S
[/size][/font]

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

On my PL71 any record clamp makes the music worse. Deadens it, removes some life and feeling from it.

rikardo1979

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:On my PL71 any record clamp makes the music worse. Deadens it, removes some life and feeling from it.
Hmm, maybe you can try Stillpoints Ultra LP Isolator. Some says its improve sound with some kind of "magic". I have no personal experience, just what I have heard.
But there is a catch...whooping price, £440 :o But if you have someone who can lend it to you for home demo that you may try it

• RCM - Project VC-S
[/size][/font]

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

well nice engineering.

But its rip off tat, bought by the likes of MartinT, Marco, MM etc etc
Who kid themselfs into believing the foo and they got a bargain and its sonically superior to anything else. :doh:

So long suckers. :mrgreen:

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

rikardo1979 wrote:
_D_S_J_R_ wrote:What's wrong with it without anything? Just a gentle warp at the edge? That ain't warped ;)
Not sure if you are serious or just joking :think:
For me this is no good. Especially with 180g record. Record should be flat, which this is obviously not :evil:
I'm serious. You want as near perfection as domestic audio can give, get the CD or download. Vinyl's nowhere near perfection, although domestic audio enthusiasts like the tone that comes off them.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

I like the odd wonky record spinning round and round whilst bobbing up and down.........Am I normal. :?:

But then I have (stop fukin yawning) a Goldie 1042 mm - Track's like a Bloodhound on a Beaver hunt. :mrgreen: