NVA P20 and A20

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

NVA P20 and A20

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Yet again like the last two I am writing about it being done purely to create value in this rip-off market.

Thoughts started as a discussion between Dave (DSJR) and myself to create a passive pre amp down at the lowest start price. Then thoughts automatically turned to a cheap power amp to go with it. Well the mk1 A30 case was still available and with some judicious cost saving in the power supply the A20 was created, and it works!

We are talking about a £300 pre power system, hand built in the UK, that plays music. Find me something similar - you wont!

So now we come to the obvious conclusion, if you put the P20 - A20 - Cubettes - LS2 - SC interconnect together as a system, new at less that ££650 (£600 if speaker unfinished and in plain wood), again find me something similar, hand made in the UK giving this level of music - well you wont!

Will WhatHiFi bollocks want to review it, even if I allowed them, of course not, they would be bloody scared stiff of it, all their advertiser would be up in arms.

fisherman
Been thanked: 0

Re: NVA P20 and A20

Unread post by fisherman »

Go to bed

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
So now we come to the obvious conclusion, if you put the P20 - A20 - Cubettes - LS2 - SC interconnect together as a system, new at less that ££650 (£600 if speaker unfinished and in plain wood), again find me something similar, hand made in the UK giving this level of music - well you wont!

Will WhatHiFi bollocks want to review it, even if I allowed them, of course not, they would be bloody scared stiff of it, all their advertiser would be up in arms.
Add a Chromecast audio for £30 as a source and you just about have a complete system for less than £700. You'd have to look in Richer Sounds to find anything that does the same for less money (I exclude musicality from the comparison, obviously).
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I'm biased 'cos I make 'em, but they're bloody brilliant. The P20 annihilates a Tisbury mainly due to the 'insignificant' but far better sounding volume control it uses (yes I've compared them and still can...) over the Chinese attenuator the latter uses. The power amp has a musical charm which is so addictive if 'music' is your thing, rather than 'sound.'

DQ will offer his own independent opinion later on no doubt, but yes, use with some LS2 and reasonably efficient speakers and for music, you have a bargain - in my opinion...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I think I will get a separate listing up at ebay as a system and when the P20 and A20 comes back from DQ I will pass it to Kaz to put some Cubettes with it. He can then take the system to Paul Messenger who literally lives five minutes walk from him in Herne Bay (we both know him well) and see if he wants to review it as a system.

I know, I know, I hate magazine reviews and most reviewers, but I know Paul will play it straight with us, no favours, and something like this needs some exposure to draw attention to it. I have mouths to feed now and the P20 / A20 is basically Dave's project and Cubettes are Kaz's project, as I really don't have the time for *turnover* related products.

We will see what we will see.

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

That sounds like a system I'd like to begin my NVA journey with. How big are the Cubettes?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

20cm Cube.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

BillyBones wrote:That sounds like a system I'd like to begin my NVA journey with. How big are the Cubettes?
Well it is all available if you want it. Ordered via the forum only at the moment.