TONE CONTROLS

All general audio posts go here.
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: TONE CONTROLS

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I'll have 'words' with permie if he's being naughty...

I had a little JVC (I think) graphic in my active ATC 100 system for a few months and appreciated the way the mid bass could be turned down to sort-of counter a nasty room mode where I often sat. it did tend to 'thin' the harmonics out a little, but if I had it today, a change of interconnects and wholesale cap upgrades inside would probably have improved it as much as the design allowed.

To 'Quillpill' (jammy you're incorrigible), old Naims ARE harsh, very and later post Harman Levinson amps lost the magic they once had in earlier, but I HAVE to say in defence of NVA, that there's absolutely NO edge, harshness or grain in NVA amps.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Have words then Dave - he is being an arse.

Quilted pillow
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Quilted pillow »

i cant sleep tonight.

The Permed One

Unread post by The Permed One »

ADMIN EDIT - OK well done job done if you just want to be booted I will oblige. I will give you naughty step though for a week just to see if you change your mind about being here.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Some of Permies comment about his music preferences suggest he might be Andre from other forums. I can't recall him being a Troll in the past.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Quilted pillow

Unread post by Quilted pillow »

ok must hit my sack i have school in 6 hours. goodnight again.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

The last amp i owned that really needed tone controls didn't fecking have any (Nait 5i).Two knobs is enough for me ,if you get my drift.
I don't know,i have a night off from forums and when i come back i think i have logged into the wrong site....Must be a parallel universe somewhere..
8-)
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Should be back to reasonably normal now. You don't just hi-jack a forum with loads of one line-er posts like two kids in a playground and expect no one to stop it.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Quilted pillow wrote:ok must hit my sack i have school in 6 hours. goodnight again.
Fuk sake QuilPill you like to "Smack the Sack" thought you hit yer Sack 4 hours ago. :think:
Playschool.? :laughing-rolling:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Any filter active or passive or mechanical are the work of the devil, to be avoided at all costs, UNLESS you cannot avoid it.

IMO it is the indication of failure in design that you need them to cure something you can't get right. The only one that is unavoidable is RIAA.