DIY interconnect

All general audio posts go here.
selby
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DIY interconnect

Unread post by selby »

I want to make up some DIY interconnects to connect my TV and Bluray player to my AP70.

I'd love to buy SSP mk2 but even though it's great value it's abut more than I'd like to spend just to connect the TV. Based on this it high I could maybe make up my own. But that leaves me with 2 questions:

1) what raw cable do people recommend?
2) it's critical that it won't mess with the amp, I know so many poor cable specs can do

Thoughts?
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Daniel Quinn

Re: DIY interconnect

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Just buy sound chord.

alfer

Unread post by alfer »

A thought: I have never heard of interconnects messing with an amp. Speaker cables can cause harm to circuits which require repair but I have never heard of harm on the input side. Doc may know more.

Strictly speaking any cable could connect the two connectors but people have their preferences. Perhaps as it is only the TV it isn't critical for you.

Best of luck. Perhaps try one of the forums where people enjoy making cables. AoS are huge fans of working wonders with wire and PFM has a DIY plus Audio room
AtoZ

selby

Unread post by selby »

I'll just look for some Sound Cord to be safe but was hoping to not spend much.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

My Business

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Plenty on this forum about interconnects and speaker cables, but I'd take a a couple of pairs of Sound Cord, as Dan says. They often come up second hand too.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

selby

Unread post by selby »

Yeah I'll keep waiting, I need 2 X 2m pairs and while they are fantastic value at £30 each for hifi, I don't want to spend £60 for TV sound improvements.

My Business

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Try this one for peanuts and free delivery at present - http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/psg00 ... dp/AV14257

YNWOAN hated it, so it must be really good :lol:

I like it because it has a straight-down-the-line sonic very similar to SC. No artificial bloom added as Atratus does for me but not stripped bare as other cheap interconnects do. Forget the price - these were sold in dealers for twenty quid a set years ago, giving much needed profit when systems were having to be discounted to hell and back..
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

selby

Unread post by selby »

Weirdly remembered I had some of those, found them buried in a box and they work!

I'll have to get a longer set to connect up the BluRay player but that can wait, I'm waiting for the 4k models to come out next year. I'm hoping that Oppo do a decent one at not silly money as that can then also be my CD source as well.

My Business