Inside one of the last cassette factories

All general audio posts go here.
selby
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Inside one of the last cassette factories

Unread post by selby »

My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

zebbo
Great Britain

Re: Inside one of the last cassette factories

Unread post by zebbo »

That's the thing with any declining/diminishing market, if you can hold out long enough to be the last man standing you're laughing. You won't find many thatchers out of work !
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

alfafan123

Unread post by alfafan123 »

takes me back to my days selling cassette decks in the 1970s goodness me was it that long ago :shock: Always thought you could get some pretty respectable sound out of the "good uns" of the day despite what the "experts" said. The cheap Nakamichi and Yamaha "ski slope" come to mind. I always used to disable the Doby NR as for me it ruined the sound.

Good luck to them I say! :grin:

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Aye I do morn the demise of the humble cassette....... :cry:

Fuk all wrong with the sound and fun to boot... (In a perverse sort of way). :mrgreen:

R2R's just don't cut it....... ;)

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Remember these bad boys...... :!: :dance:
Cassette-Player.jpg
Cassette-Player.jpg (55.52 KiB) Viewed 3541 times

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

I still use cassettes. The player in my Celica is a Sony unit that plays CD, radio and tapes. Don't often play music but stories are great. I have the same set-up in my kitchen and camping where I can tune-in to whatever and play story tapes. There's a lot to be said for all of this. Super-cheap, reasonable sound and great portability. Been dong this for years and don't intend to let go.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

My three head Denon lives in the loft right now. The head-block springs have probably stretched and will cause wow when I get the chance to fire it up.

When my old friend was a mastering engineer at Decca in the 80's to mid 90's, he was aghast at the negative attitude to the cassette format that pervaded there. He took some of his own tapes of his live recordings (a couple of Calrec mics in crossed pair config) and his colleagues were amazed how good cassette could be. A bit like vinyl really..
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

fatmarley

Unread post by fatmarley »

jammy395 wrote:Remember these bad boys...... :!: :dance:
Cassette-Player.jpg
Takes me back to gaming on my old 48K ZX spectrum.