Help! Digital Numpty

All general audio posts go here.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Help! Digital Numpty

Unread post by jammy395 »

Marco's isn't the same as yours Doc, he's 'improved' his..........(DSJR)

How many fake mana shelves has he got it wobbling on........ :laughing-rolling:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The mods are for his ego, nothing more, same with his car - he *needs* to do it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Nearly got a HiFace for £40 shipped from USA but ebay messed me around and I couldn't get my bid in.

I had a Bake-Off in Epping about 5 years ago when I was looking at computer audio. It was there I discovered the prototype of what became the TFS and Jason, so I severely regret ever having done the event :x BUT one of the options presented there was the HiFace and I was impressed with such a simple solution that was almost there. I had forgotten about it so this thread has redirected me to it. So it will do the job for me.

Dave (DSJR), you are welcome to bring ANY dac around to compare with the Sony, and if it is better IMO (and I hope you realise by now how honest I am) I will give you the drivers for your home built Cubes. That is how certain I am that I will never have to do it.

And feck Marco's mods. I have searched that circuit and its components as a matter of course and there is NOTHING I would change. Someone just did a job on Marco to make some money out of him, nothing more.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

There is a better version of the Hi-face than the 'stick'. The Evo comes in a proper box and you can add power supply, clock etc.

Marco's Dac was done by that company in Wales that adds super clocks and hot rod components.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

But that is a DAC is it not. I DON'T WANT A DAC - I HAVE THE BEST ONE ALREADY!!!!!!!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

What the Feck is a hot rod component.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Dave (DSJR), you are welcome to bring ANY dac around to compare with the Sony, and if it is better IMO (and I hope you realise by now how honest I am) I will give you the drivers for your home built Cubes. That is how certain I am that I will never have to do it.
I merely suggested that the difference today may be smaller than it was back when the Sony was current. I can think of one or two players past and present that communicate in a similar fashion, but they're expensive. Better? I doubt it :)

Anyway, thanks for explaining to this simpleton why you like the idea of the HiFace. Nuff said...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

selby
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by selby »

I've got one of those little M2Tech hiface dacs and I have to say it massively improved sound quality over not using it. I've never listened to another Dac so nothing to compare to though. Most my music seems to now be played via Tidal or the quality downloads I can buy, but I'm still mighty tempted by one of those beautiful Sony CD players the Doc rates.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Doc, if you still just want a USB - SPDIF convertor, please look seriously at the MF V-LINK (it is NOT a DAC). As this will do justice to your prized Sony and give you a sound that will not irritate you as much as a cheaper unit.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Fretty old boy, I wouldn't buy anything MF as a matter of principle, like Murdoch I would never even indirectly (2nd hand) put any money or kudos in that mans pocket. You see the saga going on with Colin Wonfor, then I can name at least three that have been done in the same way. One being Tim de Paravacini, you should talk to him about Michaelson. The man is a feckin' disgrace to the industry. PLUS never heard it but I have heard the HiFace, and I like the simplicity of it just plugging directly into the computer.