Greece

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Greece

Unread post by jammy395 »

Yep what should we do with folks who cant pay of a loan...........Give em another loan on top of the last one............WTF. :doh: :twisted:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Distribution of 7 billion greece as just borrowed -

2 billion to imf
4.2 billion to eu
.7 billuon to greece central bank .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I seem to be out of step with sentiment but I have no sympathy, they are bloody crooks (but nice to your face) and not just the government, it spreads right across society.

I hate this silly expression Grexit. Listen if any of us stitched up our lenders and committed fraud to the extent they have done we would be in jail. They should never have been in the Euro and they shouldn't be in it now. FFS we are not in the Euro and doing OK, Greece needs to get back to being Greece, stitching each other up and not in a position to do it to any other country.

Greece, walk away from the Euro, walk away from your debts, impose full currency controls (as many countries still do), become a cash based society and build again. In time your creditors will take 10p in the £ if that is all they can get, this happens in EVERY bankruptcy and Greece is Bankrupt.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

"if any of us stitched up our lenders and committed fraud to the extent they have done we would be in jail."

Not so - England as some of the easiest bankruptcy laws in the world and with limited liability you can virtually do what you want .

how many business/celebrities a year go bankrupt owing the tax man millions and yet carry on much as before .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Yes but Greece is not a limited liability country. Now that would be interesting, perhaps they should do it - Greece Ltd :think: :lol:

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

I keep hearing about how bad it would be for the EU if Greece exited the Euro. How would that be?

It would be bad (Initially) for the Greeks but things always level out. How would the removal of Greece from the Eurozone affect (say) me or you?

Surely not paying Billions of Euros into a failed economy is a whole lot worse than not receiving a loan settlement? After all if you don't pay it, you don't lose it... If you do pay it you might lose it?
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Greece has been in a worse state. In 1967 the military took over and the country was a dictatorship run by the army for 7 years, and there have been many hints since of army intervention. This place is nothing short of a third world country with third world morals, it doesn't belong in the EU let alone the Euro. If the EU thinks that it stops with Greece they are sadly mistaken as we have taken in a bunch of hornets nests of corruption and crooks in Romania and Bulgaria and even the southern states of the former Yugoslavia are pretty weird. AND on top of that they are looking at Moldova and Ukraine as future member :shock: . The only logic in that is to piss off Putin.

By far the biggest joke though is the potential inclusion of Turkey, no way, bonkers if we do. Sadly the only state down there with any logical potential of EU membership is Israel, but politically that just wont happen.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Cant be nice for the Israelis, educated civalized bunch, surrounded by a load of extremist raghead Monkey's, still living in the fukin dark ages, whos idea of a fun time would be to wade into Israel and slaughter every Man Woman & Child therein.
And I dare say they will sleep better at night (Not) knowing that Iran's Nuke Programe has gotten the go ahead......WTF :doh:

But maybe thats another topic.