New room stereo problems.

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Daniel Quinn

Re: New room stereo problems.

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

hope you are on the mend and don't let the builders stress you .

not being a fan of childrens fantasy fiction all the round door references were lost on me , i thought it was a reference to the telletubbies house ;)

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

You Take It Easy Welder, Yer no spring Chicken, You must rest and Re"coup"erate...... :animals-chickencatch:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

:roll: Hobbit and Lord of the Rings is not Childrens fantasy, it is serious literature. Read the Lord of the Rings trilogy and you will be about a month at it. Sorry mate but you are showing prejudice and presumption. Don't watch the films, read the book and you will understand. Everything in a Hobbit house is round as they are tunneled.

The films I am afraid have ruined a literary experience for the new generation, I would much prefer they hadn't been made.

Daniel Quinn

my comment was of course tonque in cheek , i have made the same joke before [ june 17 2015] a macca told me off that time .

i responded with

"fantasy fiction even if allegorical was never been my cup of tea , but of course my opinion as to its quality or otherwise should not be taken seriously ."

;)

Welder

Unread post by Welder »

It’s been a while since I last visited. I’ve moved in finally and been busy catching up with writing a book. There are still things to do, but last week the wood burning stove arrived and after a lot of very bad language I got the chimney cobbled together and the stove up and running. Maximum output from the stove is around 8Kw, I haven’t run it much past tick over (approx 3 Kw), anything more and I’m sweating.

The stereo….well, it’s different :think: . The sound stage has opened up but I’ve got some serious bass problems which I’m slowly sorting out.
The BK amps have gone into storage, way more grunt than the area requires, and while I fiddle with the speakers and move stuff around as much as the design will permit I’ve been more than happy with the Exposures. 8-)

Some pics below. I’ll post some more when I don’t have to go and freeze in the main house to get internet.
Oh, that’s Mini Minx with one of the six she hatched. :clap:

Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Nice Man-Cave Welder, in a medieval kind of way...... :lol: :clap:
Nice looking Chick as well.....m :guiness;

Daniel Quinn

Some soft furnishings may cure your bass problems . dont resort to room eq please.