Razors and shaving products

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Nihil Sleighride
Great Britain

Re: Razors and shaving products

Unread post by Nihil Sleighride »

No worries Jammy, you're last statement says it all for me, for years we've been sold that multi blade cartridges are the way to go, but for a great shave a DE blade and a quality razor beats Mach whatever every time.

Feathers are truly great blades. I'm currently finding the Rapira Lux a good compromise between Feather sharpness and comfort.

I've never tried a slant bar but if you take the plunge would be interested in your experiences. Sure over at Badger and Blade forum they could help.
Pi 4 - Volumio - SMSL M300 Mk2 DAC - Technics SL-1210 - LDA Power Supply - Ortofon TA-110 - Clearaudio Charisma V2 - Music First 632 - NVA P50SA - NVA A80 - Wharfedale Linton Heritage - NVA LS7/TIS

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Cheers Nihil - Will keep ya posted. :guiness;

jammy395

Hi Nihil (as promised).
Quick update, I treated myself to an "Above the Tie - Kronos S1 slant bar safety razor".
Expensive but quite superb, first thing you notice is the weight, solid Stainless Steal throughout, next is the quality, excellent.
Using feather blades, shave is very close and very mild - due im sure to less passes required...!!!
This is now my weapon of choice. :grin:
This is an interesting article about the joys and history of the slant bar razor.

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=2522

Cheers Nihil. :guiness;

Nihil Sleighride
Great Britain

Unread post by Nihil Sleighride »

Jammy,

I salute you. That looks like a great a razor and loaded with Feather's I've no doubt it will gives a great shave.

I'd been umming and arhhing after your last post as to pick up a Merkur slant but after reading about the Kronos will give that ago.

Thanks for the description as i was wondering about the weight etc. I'm currently using a Muhle which isn't meant to be forgiving but it's always been cool for me even when loaded with Feather's.
Pi 4 - Volumio - SMSL M300 Mk2 DAC - Technics SL-1210 - LDA Power Supply - Ortofon TA-110 - Clearaudio Charisma V2 - Music First 632 - NVA P50SA - NVA A80 - Wharfedale Linton Heritage - NVA LS7/TIS

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Less is more.

I never use shaving foam.

Never use razors.

Never shave.

Stupid bloody waste of time. But if it makes you guys happy, then that's fine by me.

jammy395

Nice trick if you can pull it off - respect. :guiness;
article-0-183EFF2B00000578-561_634x467.jpg
article-0-183EFF2B00000578-561_634x467.jpg (62.53 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
Lindsay...... :!:

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

This is more my style:

Beard style. Not the hanging around toilets bit. Nor the going home early in a big strop from any trip to Japan bit either.

jammy395

Cool Linndsay...so ya use one of them petit bat/elec trimmer kind of jobbies.

I've tried that look...and to be honest Shona thought I looked like a big issue sellers whippet's scrotum. :!: