Colin Wonfor

All general audio posts go here.
Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Re: Colin Wonfor

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Perhaps if I plugged myself into it it might wake a few bits up :mrgreen:

Have you tried it yet Colin :grin:
No I did not want TQ to do it, in my opinion it was a waste of TQ money and resources. And thank god it was not my idea yipeee just a load of digital lies.
It can be done so imagine it.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Just turning the system on should 'exercise' the electrons enough with residual millivolts/thermal noise surely?
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

No - it has to play music. I know I will be dissed over this but I couldn't give a ferk. The music creates the path.

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:Just turning the system on should 'exercise' the electrons enough with residual millivolts/thermal noise surely?
Now is it he electron path, or is it mechanical in speaker stiff from dust etc. or is it polarisation of dielectrics, most of which are organic? and will 50 or 100Hz be OK? if so just think Doc no more worries about hum loops, just use it as a sale gimmick. OK Or is it just as you say :Bllocks: More things to think about. I just hope Brussel Sprouts are not involved I hate them and thank Satan I never have to eat them again. :angry-screaming:
It can be done so imagine it.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I was just responding to the foo talked in audiophool circles. As for test tones, I have a fond memory of seeing some small-magnet 15" ATC drivers being tested as a batch at ATC. These drivers were destined for Naim DBL's and the cones were pumping their hearts out at 20Hz for twenty minutes. if they survived this, they'd take most of what a Naimie would chuck at them :)

My ears change daily, the LS5/9's in original form all have surround issues, making their balance change with temperature and humidity, as well as use - they're still nice though when the wind is in the right direction (I LOVE sprouts by the way - cough/fart!).
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Progmeister
Great Britain

Unread post by Progmeister »

Colin Wonfor wrote:The Doc's KISS and mine are very different has our ladies in our lives would tell you, my Lady is a SECA designs and concepts, I started to use in the late 1970's.
It started life has a dynamic load used to test CUK converters I had to design for MIL SPEC airborne PSU's when I was based in Southampton.
The original was only 12W and in box from RS, the same box the original Albarry's used, God did they get hot. In those dark days FET's were to be honest crap thank goodness improvement have been made.

Star Earth yep nightmare DOC so many folk get it very badly wrong the should look at Kirchhoff's Law ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirchhoff's_circuit_laws ).
As to Tellurium Q well life a bitch and bastards make it worse.

So I will be writing a wee bit for Answers but I will not be selling direct, to much paperwork I rather build and play with new idea but not Digital Lies designs (cough, spit,puke) sorry about on/off does that to me in start up.

Colin, love your avatar. A picure of the amp iv'e always wanted to own.Anyway read on gentle not rude comments please (yer right) :- http://www.hifianswers.com/2015/04/coli ... -straight/

Now for :Bllocks: from TQ to deal with. And not the cable designs I suspect in Munich this year the patented "M Channel" cable range will pushed on to the public another one of mine sorry lads.

Bye best Col
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Why did you repeat it Proggy, do you have a point.

orbscure
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by orbscure »

Check the second to last paragraph in Progs post Doc, his point/comment is hidden there amongst the quote :P
Power: Restek MAMP monoblocks
PreAmp: Densen DM20
CDP: Sony SCD-555ES
DAC: M2Tech Young & Palmer PSU
Speakers: JBL4311 studio monitors
Streaming: Bespoke Korus server
Cabling: Belden 9497 speaker cable & NVA SSP interconnects

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

OK its Prog.....But it's too fukin cryptic 4 me.

KISS......... :mrgreen:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

"Never trust a human who wants your idea's and is incapable to think of their own or create new idea's.
Be warned."

Colin I saw this as your sig at TAS. I think this has been your problem. Your ideas make product and things you love to play with. Their ideas are all about self and how they can use you, they are their ideas and they can invent new ones all the time, just look at those bankers and the libor rate, they were thinking of ideas.

These people are shits, but the world is full of them, from Marco at AoS to those bankers. Good luck in avoiding all of them, you need eyes in the back of your head.