Watch out....!!!

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Watch out....!!!

Unread post by jammy395 »

Hi folks its oft said you can tell a man by his watch.......im not so sure.
Whats your timepiece...... :?:

Ive just recently sold my Patek Philippe tourbillon... :shifty: ...for a Traser Sand, my second Traser I like em and easily read in total darkness.

I bet Shane has a Micky Mouse moving hands Timex........ :mrgreen:

kimangelis
Great Britain

Re: Watch out....!!!

Unread post by kimangelis »

I've an old Accurankle...
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Some watches that most have never heard of are superbly made and frighteningly expensive (and I don't mean Rolex, the insular B&O of the watch-world). I have an Omega megaquartz from 1976. The batteries are no longer made, although there is a sort-of equivalent and there's a built in timer that seems to make the thing inoperable every few years, making for an ever more costly overhaul :( These days, I wear cheapo things, including a Lorus with chrome plated case (the plating is starting to come off), but with a Seiko movement inside that keeps incredibly good time, even by quartz standards.

Jammy, enjoy your mega-income while you can - it seems that you are ;)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

My watch is the one on my wife's wrist, or if I can be bothered to turn my mobile on, or the clock on the street or station or in the car. I can't wear watches, they irritate me, I end up taking them off and leaving them somewhere, which is most irritating thing of all.

We have decided even if the country is too stupid to do it, I am staying all year round with BST, I don't change my clocks in the car or house. If more people did this perhaps we will get the silly arses to do what should be obvious to even half a brain cell. I still fit in as I mentally I just take off an hour in winter if I have to be in contact with the outside world. Nadia couldn't care less, she is BST so everyone else can just put up with it :mrgreen: she is *always* late anyway :doh:

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

I'm currently wearing a Fossil (makes a change from being one) but I've got a dozen or so of that ilk to choose from. When I retire in a few years time I may purchase a "proper" watch.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

brit-pop

Unread post by brit-pop »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:My watch is the one on my wife's wrist, or if I can be bothered to turn my mobile on, or the clock on the street or station or in the car. I can't wear watches, they irritate me, I end up taking them off and leaving them somewhere, which is most irritating thing of all.

We have decided even if the country is too stupid to do it, I am staying all year round with BST, I don't change my clocks in the car or house. If more people did this perhaps we will get the silly arses to do what should be obvious to even half a brain cell. I still fit in as I mentally I just take off an hour in winter if I have to be in contact with the outside world. Nadia couldn't care less, she is BST so everyone else can just put up with it :mrgreen: she is *always* late anyway :doh:
I don't own a watch now. Mine broke almost the same week I got a mobile phone and it didn't seem sensible to replace it when I had a handy device which served the same purpose.

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

I have:

"le cheminant" wind up, gold plate. Present from my wife - gains about three minutes per day.

"swatch" blue case, green hands - great for casual; functional and good time keeper.

" American army issue" replica "give away" with a military watch magazine - first edition, so cheap. Brilliant timekeeper.

famous brand knock off from "ladies market" in Hong Kong - hands fell off after a few weeks :doh:

would really like a WW1 silver trench watch; old, solid and functional (rather like me).
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I do not own a watch . What purpose do they serve ? They are the much the same as a private number plates .

I aint interested if your watch cost £10 or £10,000 , it makes no difference to me .

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Mine's older than me! :grin:
It's a 1961 Omega Seamaster manual and very nice it is too, nice elegant, simple design.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Firebug1
Finland

Unread post by Firebug1 »

Left mine off the wrist thirteen years ago for a summer holiday - never put it back since.
Rega by Michael Lim\Teac\ASR\NVA\
SA Mantra30\Audeze LCD-2 closed.
...the Gods you worship are steel, at the altar of rock 'n' roll you kneel...