Re: BMU

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

350x300x130 all mm.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

You could buy a mains cable 'only' for more than the cost of a BMU... :roll:
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

It must be antipathy to me that stops these flying out the door like hot cakes. Or maybe they are too cheap :roll:

antonio66
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

Received the loan BMU so as promised a quick initial impression. First up I thought it was going to be heavier than it is although it still feels like there a couple of bricks inside. At the moment its sited on the floor but it would be possible to to fit onto the rack were the Russ Andrews block now sits. First thing, on powering up the power amp it tripped a switch, which shut down the sky box even though that is plugged into a different wall socket on the other side of the room. After getting everything up and running again only two sockets were used, one for the Rossini and one for the AR power amp. Only a couple of tracks were auditioned since time was getting on but it was felt a more relaxed feel to the music came across. I wouldn't say more detail, but Alison Krauss's voice seemed to have more feeling. At present the BMU is in use and will be until the weekend when it will be swopped over for the RA block and maybe a better idea then. Hopefully I will be able to give a better review when time is not of the essence.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Plug the RA block into the BMU!!!
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

What is a RA Block, is it filters.

antonio66

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:What is a RA Block, is it filters.
Russ Andrews A shape distribution block with 8 sockets. http://www.russandrews.com/the-powerblo ... ersockets/
Were hoping to sell this if it was decided to purchase the BMU. Doc would you please verify if we should be plugging the RA block into the BMU since I can remember you recommending only the most simple of extensions to be used if needing more sockets. At present 3 sockets are all thats needed.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It is just a *ridiculously* priced mains extension block with a spike clamp, which is only useful for computers. Use it or don't use it, it is nothing but an extension block that you can get good ones for £20. £500 is a ludicrous rip-off, how could you have bought it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

There are more ludicrous things, just seen this on AoS as an example https://walkeraudio.com/shop/crystal/ how can anyone buy these things.

antonio66

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:It is just a *ridiculously* priced mains extension block with a spike clamp, which is only useful for computers. Use it or don't use it, it is nothing but an extension block that you can get good ones for £20. £500 is a ludicrous rip-off, how could you have bought it.
The simple answer is it sounded better than plugging into a wall socket with a simple mains or Audio Works extension. As you always say let your ears be the judge.