A40 Mk2 and P50 Burn in ?

All things NVA
AshM750.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: A40 Mk2 and P50 Burn in ?

Unread post by AshM750. »

I noticed you have a set A80s discounted, what is difference between SSP and SSC (which i have) ? how much would it be to upgrade the lot ? What would I be paying ?

Discounted A80 MK2s
SSP 1x 1M
LS6 2x 2M

Swap for

A40 MK2s
LS1 2x 2M

I shall keep my SSC

Cheers Doc

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

AshM750. wrote:Forget what i said about the bass, What would be the difference in upgrading to the A80s ? i had the Naim upstairs warming up all morning and just put it on and its not really what I expected after a week of listening to the NVA. NVA hands down
NVA amps all produce bass in a 'natural' way, what you hear is what was recorded. As a bass player myself I am very happy that the bass in not muddied or over- accentuated, which is what the general trends in mass-market audio have been for the last 15 years or so.
Getting used to a 'true' hifi sound might be a bit disconcerting at first, but don't worry - you're getting there.

But I speak as an NVA acolyte of 30 years experience, what I say is more than hopelessly biased.

I think the Doc still has some half-price SSP mk 1. And I like LS5, but LS6 is probably even better in the bass dept.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Blimey don't make me work :( I have enough to do.

The prices are at ebay. What you do is buy what you want and pay for it. When I build and send you then compare with what you already have and send either one new or or old back for refund. The refund you get back is what you paid. You would be responsible for getting the gear back undamaged so full insurance is adviced.

SSP is better than SSC, it is the same but better if you know what I mean. Others I am sure will comment and there are reviews I think in the review holding room, and these will be mk2 not the stiff mk1s. SSP mk1 is not recommended for a newby as they are easy to damage with rough handling, which is why it was redesigned.

AshM750.

Thanks again, I shall have a little think over the weekend, I have a little money to spend so i may give it a shot.

Dont worry If your busy Doc you know theres no rush.

As for what you say Fretless I am begining to understand that everthing I have ever heard has been coloured in some way. These NVA amps are somthing completely different and im beginning to hear there true potential.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It is catch up time, I am working all weekend to try and break the back of the order backlog. Repairs don't help and I have had a big one to do.

AshM750.

Good luck with all that Doc I feel sorry for you, If I do make an order please dont rush, I have all the time you need.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I am catching up. I need to get it back in line as both of us need a holiday after the house move and are sorely missing our usual two weeks in Cuba or Tobago in December. I want to get to Italy in early April for a week.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I'm beavering away this end as well...

My own experience of AP10P up to AP70 (a one off), is that the sound gets 'bigger' and with more authority as the power supplies get bigger. With this authority comes a greater sense of 'calm' in the music (for want of a better word), little timbre and playing inflections being even clearer - and the little AP10 is no slouch at all in this regard, in my opinion and recent experience.

What has stunned me the most, is that some IC op-amps also seem to benefit from a large supply (regulated too), yet they supposedly draw so little...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

AshM750.

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:I'm beavering away this end as well...

My own experience of AP10P up to AP70 (a one off), is that the sound gets 'bigger' and with more authority as the power supplies get bigger. With this authority comes a greater sense of 'calm' in the music (for want of a better word), little timbre and playing inflections being even clearer - and the little AP10 is no slouch at all in this regard, in my opinion and recent experience.

What has stunned me the most, is that some IC op-amps also seem to benefit from a large supply (regulated too), yet they supposedly draw so little...
Thanks, that makes sence, I am really considering just going all out on the A80s and cables, I just cant get over how clear these things are its amazing !!!!

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

They do grow on you, don't they?
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...