The Audio Standard Forum.

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
CaterhamKev
Great Britain

Re: The Audio Standard Forum.

Unread post by CaterhamKev » Thu May 17, 2018 9:06 pm

After the fooses you will need an inductive quantum coupling foose holder containing UEF tech.

CaterhamKev
Great Britain

Unread post by CaterhamKev » Thu May 17, 2018 9:14 pm

By the way, it appears that the fooses are silica filled, ceramic bodied with brass nickel plated contacts.
The have a 1 million volt quantum treatment, have a 2nd stage rev 2.0 molecular realignment process, a UEF treatment 2.0 and are directional from left to righ when you view the foose.

After all that, what I don’t understand is why they can’t be bothered to apply for BS standard certification.

UEF is uniform energy field technology by the way.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu May 17, 2018 9:28 pm

CaterhamKev wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 pm
savvypaul wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:49 am
Many have sided with Marco because of their own insecurities...I doubt he needs to put much effort into achieving his desired result.

However, he and they have made a misjudgement on this occasion.

Any rational observer can see how this one has played out.

MCRU is right. It only needs everyone to act like grown ups.
If only it was that simple.

I have never really understood why people get so wound up HiFi. This is part of the reason I am contemplating ignoring all of the fora I am a member of and going back to my blissful ignorance of being happy with what I have.

No egos were hurt in the creation of this post
I imagine folks argue on all types of forums about all sorts of stuff. Listening to Radio 4 a few weeks back they were talking to different factions of clown entertainers who would not be in the same room as each other. None of them even began to twig the irony.

On hifi forums I'd usually rather be wrong than right. There's not much to be learned from being right all the time. This is the only forum I regularly post at, though.

Ego? Mine is ridiculous ;)
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

CaterhamKev
Great Britain

Unread post by CaterhamKev » Thu May 17, 2018 9:41 pm

As far as HiFi is concerned, I am not bothered if I am wrong or right, as long as I am happy with the music my system produces. There will always be better out there, but I no longer care about finding it. I have spent enough for a while and I am happy with what I have. Other priorities are taking over, as they do every summer.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu May 17, 2018 10:22 pm

Summer is for cricket...it's what sunshine was invented for.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Sat May 19, 2018 4:31 pm

CKev

You must get your fuses optimised though. Clair de Lune il a dit.

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Sat May 19, 2018 7:45 pm

The Rev MartinT's only gone and done it again. Not content with fuses allegedly making positive changes to how his system sounds, he's now been tinkering with Pi related code and hit upon yet more improvements:
Rev MartinT wrote:It certainly sounds more spacious with a little more depth. I think there's better attack, too, although that could be a perception due to lowered noise floor.
One can only guess that it must have sounded really shit in the first place :whistle:
Read all about it on The Cloak Online
https://thecloakonline.blogspot.com

slinger
Great Britain

Unread post by slinger » Sat May 19, 2018 8:05 pm

Eric Shun wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:45 pm
The Rev MartinT's only gone and done it again. Not content with fuses allegedly making positive changes to how his system sounds, he's now been tinkering with Pi related code and hit upon yet more improvements:
Rev MartinT wrote:It certainly sounds more spacious with a little more depth. I think there's better attack, too, although that could be a perception due to lowered noise floor.
One can only guess that it must have sounded really shit in the first place :whistle:
It was me that found the article detailing the changes. Take the time to read the link, the guy who originally published the code changes (a well-known and respected Pi expert) has laid out the science behind them and there's enough anecdotal evidence on the Rune and other Pi audio software forums to suggest they work. What makes you think they don't improve the sound? What makes you think it was bad before? Perhaps you have a Pi-based system?? I've never seen you mention any of your gear.
Amps - NVA P50, A30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat May 19, 2018 8:23 pm

Because it is now associated with the Rev Martin and some people here just love taking the well deserved piss out of him. Anyone else's involvement is not the point of that pisstake. No one took the piss out of you about it because you don't deserve it.

If you think everything has to be factual in pisstakes then you have lost the plot about comedy, especially stand-up stuff. It is the laff that counts.

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Sat May 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Spot on Doc. It has no bearing whatsoever on my comment from who or where the findings posted anywhere on the .net originate. What I do grow tired of are the constant stream of improvements any of these so called changes always make. So to repeat, its either because of a poorly implemented system, the listeners imagination or a simple desire to be better than everybody else :lol:
Read all about it on The Cloak Online
https://thecloakonline.blogspot.com