NVA A30

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: NVA A30

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I meant by re-selling at ebay as at that price you shouldn't lose anything.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Hmm, could do that but I'm in no rush so I'll just wait for a bigger amp to come along I think.
What size of speaker cable do you think I can get away with for just the tweeters? LS1?
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Andrew
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Andrew »

Zebbo. You can borrow my spare A30 for however long it takes if you like. It just sits there with the rest, albeit unpowered and not hooked up. I'm sure it would be happiest doing what it does best :)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

zebbo wrote:Hmm, could do that but I'm in no rush so I'll just wait for a bigger amp to come along I think.
What size of speaker cable do you think I can get away with for just the tweeters? LS1?
LS1 is fine.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Andrew wrote:Zebbo. You can borrow my spare A30 for however long it takes if you like. It just sits there with the rest, albeit unpowered and not hooked up. I'm sure it would be happiest doing what it does best :)
Blimey, what a kind offer, thanks Andrew, I just might take you up on that. I'll PM you soon and we can arrange something.
I'll have to arrange with the Doc about getting the Cubes altered and pick up some LS1s at the same time. :D
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

No worries, Zebbo. I'd never sell the little blighter, but I don't see me having any way of using it in the foreseeable future. The only conceivable use would be if I ever get a 3 way tri-ampable speaker, but I'm more likely to go into space courtesy of NASA :D

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Personally I don't like hoarding of any sort, we should all recycle, especially pleasure. If we have something we aren't using sell it on give someone else a leg up the hi-fi ladder. That is why I do my trade in, which I then sell on. It is an anathema to other hi-fi manufactures. Their reaction is it has taken away a new sale, for me bloody nonsense and greed, it has got someone new to enjoy your product, don't these idiots have any pride or pleasure in creating product, is it all money and profit!!

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

That reminds me of Paul Daniels in the Louis Theroux documentary. He didn't hang onto things and his favourite expression when parting with something was "time to let someone else enjoy it". I thought that was a great way to look at it.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Your a generous sole Andrew. :clap:
As are a lot of other fine fellows here at HFS (You know who you are). :clap:

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

HFS really does have a good vibe in that respect. We've probably all got enough spare bits between us to make sure nobody is ever stuck. It will be good to see if Zebbo likes bi amping as much as we do :D