Cube 1 Bi-amping

All things NVA
zebbo
Great Britain

Cube 1 Bi-amping

Unread post by zebbo »

Doc, would an A30 stereo power amp be a good choice for driving the tweeters of the Cube 1's, (mid/bass A80 mk2), or would bigger be better?
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cube 1 Bi-amping

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Bigger is always better, it is not just power it is quality. A30 will do it but it will be better with 40's and so on up the range. But you can always progress by trade in.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

You don't actually make any stereo power amps now do you? It's just there's a single space in the rack but not room for a pair of monos.

edit: ah, just checked again on evil bay and I see there are still A30 & A40 stereo power amps, (mk2), but I only have room for a mk1 box. Maybe I'll wait and see what else comes along.

P.S. Got the SSP back, thanks Doc. 8-)
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Hi Zebbo
I bi-amp my Zingali's with A70 monos - Bass / A60 stereo - treble (MK1 range).....Lovely sound.
You could keep yer eye open for a mk1 A60 - But as far as I know Doc does do Mk2 A60's.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Yes, a mk1 stereo A60 would be perfect.
Anything mono or mk2 is out as I only have a single slot left and a couple of bits are already sitting on the top so I'm pushing my luck as it is! :lol:
How wide is the mk1 A60 jammy?

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

36cm

Nothing worse than a full rack...!!!

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Not like lamb then Jammy?
(Coulda gone for the obvious one.)
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Oh shit, I'm hungry now! :D
Cheers jammy, 360mm is the same as the P90 so perfect, just need to wait for one to turn up on the S/H market. There's no particular rush as the Cubes would need to go back to be modified anyway.