NVA Pre-Amp Direct Input

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

NVA Pre-Amp Direct Input

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

There is some confusion about NVA pre-amp direct input.

All the direct input is is that the wire connecting the socket is taken direct to the potentiometer or stepped attenuator and by-passing the selector switch. This means that no matter what input is selected then direct is always in circuit. So it should be used if you want one dedicated highest quality source, or that the other inputs are not switched on and functioning. So in theory you could play two pieces of music at once :mrgreen:

P50 just has input sockets for it but no selector switch position. P90 has selector switch position which is then a mute for all the other inputs.

zebbo
Great Britain

Re: NVA Pre-Amp Direct Input

Unread post by zebbo »

Excellent as I only use one input. How are we going with my P90 order Doc? :pray: :D
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Nadia is cleaning and packing it this afternoon. So UPS tomorrow delivery Tuesday.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Excellent, thanks Doc. :dance: :clap:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

selby
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by selby »

Wow Zebbo you lucky thing that's gonna be one hell of a setup!
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Indeed! 8-)
It will need to fend off my Music First though, before it earns it's place on the rack. Mind you, it really only has to match the performance of the MF as it would be nice to complete the NVA setup and it also makes any future bi-amping easier.
Doc, as there are no active components in the pre I guess there is no run-in period no?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Even a bit of wire needs to run in, but minimal and only noticeable if the system is top notch.

You have stepped attenuators fitted so each step will need a few days run-in.

selby

Unread post by selby »

Well it will be really interesting to hear your report on how the P90 compares to your current model...

Jealous! :clap:
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

selby wrote:Well it will be really interesting to hear your report on how the P90 compares to your current model...

Jealous! :clap:
Well at £1600 the Music First pre is over 3 x more expensive than the P90, so it should be a fair and close bake off.......... ;) :dance:
We await yer findings.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Indeed it is, but I think that is over-priced. I paid £700 for mine S/H.