anyone ever heard of trey anastaio/phish?

All music posts here please.
walterwhite
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Wales

anyone ever heard of trey anastaio/phish?

Unread post by walterwhite »

Found this on youtube. This guy is a virtuoso guitarist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6A-cJr4Kpw
Bi-amped A80's, P90sa, LS6, AP10h, Phono2/2 PSU's, BMU, SSC, SSP2, Raspberry pi/Durio Sound Dacs, Rega RP6/Dynavector 10x5, Royd RR2.

jammy395

Re: anyone ever heard of trey anastaio/phish?

Unread post by jammy395 »

No never heard of Phish previously Walter - But will keep an eye & ear out for them now - Bloody good stuff....... :clap:

Stupinder

Unread post by Stupinder »

Surprised you've not heard of Phish - one of the great bands continuing the live tradition.
This is my personal favourite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBoI4n4mV4U
If you like this kind of thing there's a load of free Grateful Dead stuff you can get from Archive.org

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

Didn't do anything for me. I just wanted to turn it off. Still, that's what's so good about Music and hifi. One man's meat and all that.

Audiomat

Unread post by Audiomat »

I am familiar with them. On this side of the pond, they are a very well known (some would say "legendary") jam band in the Grateful Dead tradition. They receive zero radio airplay but their live shows sell out immediately and are akin to religious experiences shared by their fiercely devoted fans. I am not a devoted fan but I've seen them live--a very talented band if you can appreciate the jam band artistry and culture surrounding their shows. Each set list is entirely different than the previous and much of it is improvised. Like the Grateful Dead tradition, a good portion of the audience travels around the country following them from show to show and, I should add, tend to be heavily "medicated" during the performances themselves.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

I thought it was pretty good at first but got bored and quit before the end.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

walterwhite
Wales

Unread post by walterwhite »

I was just intrigued by the fact that a band that is so hugely popular in the States has never been heard of in the UK? They're playing to a packed Madison Square Gardens in this vid.
Bi-amped A80's, P90sa, LS6, AP10h, Phono2/2 PSU's, BMU, SSC, SSP2, Raspberry pi/Durio Sound Dacs, Rega RP6/Dynavector 10x5, Royd RR2.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Ive never realy rated Iron Maiden (First album excused) But they are massive across the pond.
Any others or visa versa....?
:think: