nva ap10p

All things NVA
schwantz34
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

nva ap10p

Unread post by schwantz34 »

Hi Richard, as you know i have a ap10p , i would like to use it with a headset, what type of heapdhones are more suitable ?
tnx
ciao
s

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: nva ap10p

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Any headphones, if it can drive speakers it will drive any headphones, so the choice is purely on a musical choice basis.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

Get the most expensive Grado's you can afford,worked for me,that will teach my wife to visit her sister for a few days. :mrgreen: I would put a photo on if i could work out how to.!
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

wallace wrote:Get the most expensive Grado's you can afford,worked for me,that will teach my wife to visit her sister for a few days. :mrgreen: I would put a photo on if i could work out how to.!
Anyone who can figure out how to get a photo on his head can surely get a photo up here. :D
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

schwantz34

thank you all! Alan, tbh, ive had a pair of grado sr125 but they don't cope well with the ap10 i got, ive heard there were to types of ap10 in production, one until year 2K and the other type after, modified to cope well with headset of a certain impedance, maybe mine is not suitable to the sr125s...at the moment i cant afford a further pair of headphones :(

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

terrybooth wrote:
wallace wrote:Get the most expensive Grado's you can afford,worked for me,that will teach my wife to visit her sister for a few days. :mrgreen: I would put a photo on if i could work out how to.!
Anyone who can figure out how to get a photo on his head can surely get a photo up here. :D
Tattoos are easy,you just have to sit there and pretend it doesn't hurt.. :shifty: :)
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

schwantz34 wrote:thank you all! Alan, tbh, ive had a pair of grado sr125 but they don't cope well with the ap10 i got, ive heard there were to types of ap10 in production, one until year 2K and the other type after, modified to cope well with headset of a certain impedance, maybe mine is not suitable to the sr125s...at the moment i cant afford a further pair of headphones :(
Hi Sergio, My Grado,s work ok with my AP10,but it is a lot newer than yours.I did read somewhere that the earlier ones were set up differently to suit much higher impedence phones like senn HD650,s,perhaps the Doc can shed some light on the matter,or at least tell me i am talking bollocks... :character-oldtimer: My wife says i am very good at it..

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Mid 90's metal cased ones had the same circuit but no output stage, so high current demand headphones like Grado pushed them a bit, but Acrylic cased ones have the output stage so can drive anything.

EDIT :- I am talking about AP10H - AP10P and PX have always had the output stage 'cos they have to drive speakers.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

Sounds like you might want a different headphone amp.I have just made a Cmoy amp from a kit i got off ebay from a man in Oz ,£20 and it drives the Grados very well.It has a bass boost switch,but i dont need it,i get more than enough bass allready. Did you get those plugs i sent you yet???.

schwantz34

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Mid 90's metal cased ones had the same circuit but no output stage, so high current demand headphones like Grado pushed them a bit, but Acrylic cased ones have the output stage so can drive anything.

EDIT :- I am talking about AP10H - AP10P and PX have always had the output stage 'cos they have to drive speakers.
tnx doc!
s