NVA case materials

All things NVA
r100
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NVA case materials

Unread post by r100 »

Hi,

I was wondering if the Doc has tried Corian ? You know the stuff they use as working surfaces in kitchens. Is's easy to assemble, can be polished to a very high gloss, it's hard, joints are almost invisible, it's dense and can be worked like wood. I'm sure the finished product would look very chic. And why not assemble it with nylon screws instead of glueing it ?

Cheers

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: NVA case materials

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Design decisions are design decisions, why should I change it, I am happy.

r100

Unread post by r100 »

:clap:

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Design decisions are design decisions, why should I change it, I am happy.
Well that killed that one
Beresford Caiman Ipod

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Was going to start a new thread but this seems pretty close so;
I know, (I think), you use acrylic to prevent eddy currents but this does seem to leave my phono 2 open to interference, particularly the "dit-ditty-dit-dit-ditty-dit-dit" of a mobile phone which can be rather annoying. Is there a way of stopping this, (screening?), without adversely affecting the performance?
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

zebbo wrote:Was going to start a new thread but this seems pretty close so;
I know, (I think), you use acrylic to prevent eddy currents but this does seem to leave my phono 2 open to interference, particularly the "dit-ditty-dit-dit-ditty-dit-dit" of a mobile phone which can be rather annoying. Is there a way of stopping this, (screening?), without adversely affecting the performance?
Yes keep your phone away from it :mrgreen:

Screening is a double edged sword and you can't have it one way. If you screen = good, it stops some outside interference = bad it doesn't allow internal developed field out. Now external field creates noises, where as internal field messes up the music. You pays yer money and you takes yer choice.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Hmm, ok thanks. Looks like I'll have to put up with it until the middle kid goes off to university later this year! (her bed, where she seems to spend most of her life,is directly above). 8-)
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

garywong5

Unread post by garywong5 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
zebbo wrote:Was going to start a new thread but this seems pretty close so;
Yes keep your phone away from it :mrgreen:

Screening is a double edged sword and you can't have it one way. If you screen = good, it stops some outside interference = bad it doesn't allow internal developed field out. Now external field creates noises, where as internal field messes up the music. You pays yer money and you takes yer choice.
I don't have such problem for my AP-80. Is there any difference in shielding design between phono 2 and integrated amp?
Audio Analogue Primo/SSP/NVA AP-80/NVA LS5/AURUM CANTUS Leisure 2 Luxury Edition mk2

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

I don't have any issues with my A80s it's just the phono. I guess it's the very low level signal amplification or something that makes it more susceptible.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

zebbo wrote:I don't have any issues with my A80s it's just the phono. I guess it's the very low level signal amplification or something that makes it more susceptible.
Spot on!