I think I'm there

All things NVA
r100
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I think I'm there

Unread post by r100 »

I'm glad to report that my 'A' system is giving me entire satisfaction and that I will quit spending endless hours scavenging the Internet for the magical component. At least for now !

Now i'm going to get myself a cool of beer from the fridge.
Last edited by r100 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: I think I'm there

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

So the LS1 sorted the bass out for you?

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I've been considering LS50's to go in my new much smaller listening room , I assume from your perspective they are as good as the publiciity they have received and do you listen to rock music or that silly music with no lyrics ? :D

r100

Unread post by r100 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:So the LS1 sorted the bass out for you?
It makes a great difference with both speaker pairs I use. I think it reveals their true sonic characters in a very coherent way. The KEF LS50's need strict bass control. With the LS1 it is more coherent in relation to the highs and mediums. A really nice combination IMHO.

The Jean Maurer 220C are extremely neutral almost dry. Now they have a nice added richness and warmth. Bass also seems to be more present but in a coherent way.

I think the cable has made one of the biggest positive differences to the whole setup... (I never thought I would say something like that)

Yesterday I added a Rega DAC to the mix and the setup really sings now. Nothing seems to be holding the sound back anymore which just flows out generously.

r100

Unread post by r100 »

Daniel Quinn wrote:I've been considering LS50's to go in my new much smaller listening room , I assume from your perspective they are as good as the publiciity they have received and do you listen to rock music or that silly music with no lyrics ? :D
I listen to all kind of music, even sometimes the silly stuff (with no lyrics) ;-)

I went to the dealer to listen to KEF R100's. But after 30 seconds I asked him to stop the music. They sounded lifeless. I don't know but maybe because they where not "run-in"... Then he played a pair of LS50's and they immediately sounded great.

Comparing them to my C220's they definitely have a little more body which is quite astonishing given their small size.

I use them in a 7 m x 4 m (22x12 foot) room.

r100

Unread post by r100 »

Daniel Quinn wrote:received
Daniel Quinn wrote:I've been considering LS50's to go in my new much smaller listening room , I assume from your perspective they are as good as the publiciity they have received and do you listen to rock music or that silly music with no lyrics ? :D
Hi DQ, did you get those KEF's ? I would be interested to hear about your impressions. Cheers. Rupert.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Not yet , My TT is in bits at moment , its been getting the proper refurbishment it should have had before I wrecked the bones and tendons in my thumb with a power tool :o :lol: . New sapphire jewel in bearing , new plinth , upgraded motor and copious amounts of carbon fibre and balsa wood .

r100

Unread post by r100 »

whew ! no worries, take care of that hand !