DIY- NVA SSP , plugs substitution

All things NVA
schwantz34
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DIY- NVA SSP , plugs substitution

Unread post by schwantz34 »

figlet108 wrote:What are you two actually talking about ?
well , Siro knows two guys who sells cables of all kind , and he tried a certain type of cable, that it seems very good about sonic performance...
they sell just for big quantity, so ...if some other joins a sort of group buy we can try that cable, i dont know if i was clear... :oops:

schwantz34

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Got me foxed, it started about plugs now seems to have gone onto cable.
yes doc , you re right we are a bit ot...sorry :oops:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

schwantz34 wrote:
well , Siro knows two guys who sells cables of all kind , and he tried a certain type of cable, that it seems very good about sonic performance...
they sell just for big quantity, so ...if some other joins a sort of group buy we can try that cable, i dont know if i was clear... :oops:
Why should they want to do that!!

I know hundreds of guys who make cables, and they all say their cables are best - so what!!!

sc_ita

Unread post by sc_ita »

Well, the two guys in question are two businessmen who provide connectors and cables for use in industrial applications. As a visitor to their shed, I noticed a piece of cable of few meters that seemed suitable for my use. In fact the cable was dedicated to the transmission of high frequencies over long distances and in environments subjected to electromagnetic interference. I was given a few meters to my poor audio purposes, and I was well impressed by their performance.
Now I know that the supplier offers only the entire reels that are long (if I remember correctly ...) at least a hundred metres. I do not think that any of us have an interest in so large a quantity of cable, and on the other hand I do not think that the entrepreneurs in question are really interested in our small market.
However, frankly, the cables of our DOC (I tried the SC and SP, but the SSP will be worth even more) I do not think that they have nothing to envy.

Ciao, Siro

schwantz34

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
schwantz34 wrote:
Why should they want to do that!!

I know hundreds of guys who make cables, and they all say their cables are best - so what!!!
omg :oops: didnt want to create a flame thread :? btw as Siro explained well these guys sells cables (a great and wide range of cables) for all purposes (and not for audio). Just to make it clear. Sorry if somebody got hurt.
ciao
s

schwantz34

sc_ita wrote:Well, the two guys in question are two businessmen who provide connectors and cables for use in industrial applications. As a visitor to their shed, I noticed a piece of cable of few meters that seemed suitable for my use. In fact the cable was dedicated to the transmission of high frequencies over long distances and in environments subjected to electromagnetic interference. I was given a few meters to my poor audio purposes, and I was well impressed by their performance.
Now I know that the supplier offers only the entire reels that are long (if I remember correctly ...) at least a hundred metres. I do not think that any of us have an interest in so large a quantity of cable, and on the other hand I do not think that the entrepreneurs in question are really interested in our small market.
However, frankly, the cables of our DOC (I tried the SC and SP, but the SSP will be worth even more) I do not think that they have nothing to envy.

Ciao, Siro
well Siro,ssp are very good indeed (maybe the best signal cables ive tried so far), if you want to try them just tell me, and of course i'm very curious to try yours home made cables from cassinetta di lugagnano bros.
ciao
s

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

schwantz34 wrote:omg :oops: didnt want to create a flame thread :? btw as Siro explained well these guys sells cables (a great and wide range of cables) for all purposes (and not for audio). Just to make it clear. Sorry if somebody got hurt.
ciao
s
Nobody got hurt, it is just a matter of etiquette. This is the NVA room, if you wish to promote non NVA product start a new thread in the General Audio room.

schwantz34

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
schwantz34 wrote:omg :oops: didnt want to create a flame thread :? btw as Siro explained well these guys sells cables (a great and wide range of cables) for all purposes (and not for audio). Just to make it clear. Sorry if somebody got hurt.
ciao
s
Nobody got hurt, it is just a matter of etiquette. This is the NVA room, if you wish to promote non NVA product start a new thread in the General Audio room.
Richard, i didnt mean to promote anything, sorry if it may appear so. I have no interest at all to promote anything really, is just the curiosity (which killed the cat :D ) case closed :-)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well I was referring to the request for a group buy. Why should anyone here want to do that blind, just because one person says a cable is good. As I said if that was the case there would be group buys for thousands of different raw cables there is such diversity of opinion.

Anyway as I said it shouldn't be in the NVA room.