Dammit - More Money Going NVA's Way !!

All things NVA
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dammit - More Money Going NVA's Way !!

Unread post by jammy395 »

Yomanze wrote:Wow there's a little bit on an unhealthy obsession going on from Ninanina on here, coupled with the fact that by far the biggest thread on this forum is AoS (slagging)... why can't you guys just drop it & focus on useful conversation & create a real forum?
Well yomamze, EWOTW (Elsewhere on the web) is indeed as you say the biggest thread on HFS. (rapidly approaching 100000 views) Quite remarkable considering we we only have 178 members and probably only a dozen contributors. (A phenomonal amount of outside viewer's eh..!!).
AoS get's the majority of our scorn & piss takes simply because AoS contains the majority of Bullshiter's - Shill Monkey's - Arselickers & Slurper's.
But there is also within HFS a wealth of intresting and factual hifi / audio related topics.

As for Ninanina....Well she does kind of leave herself open to ridicule....Nuff said.
Oh yes..gif
Oh yes..gif (1.2 KiB) Viewed 1531 times
Last edited by jammy395 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yomanze

Unread post by Yomanze »

No Jammy, everytime a thread is viewed by anyone, new or old member, new or old non-member, the view count is incremented. In this sense the metric is a "hit". From this perspective most of those views are from you guys...

Regarding AoS, it's also one of the VERY few forums where people who believe in things such as cables making a difference don't get immediately shot down and pissed on from behind computer screens. It's a very informative forum, accepting, interesting, and where you talk about 'shilling' most of the time you're just referring to brand advocates and perhaps even fanboys (I'm an LFD, Royd and TDA1541A fanboy). I notice a bit of shilling / overly promotional behaviour, but it's not overwhelming by any means.

Anyway my point is that there's so much better stuff to be looking at and talking about... Every forum can be isolated for a small set of perceived issues and criticised. Richard's been banned from most of them. ;) :D

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Do you even know why I have been banned - no!

ADMIN - And this is your first ad hominem warning two more and you are on the naughty step. I am not the subject of this thread so why are you insulting me. This is the difference, you see this all the time at AoS and the other forums, it creates conflict, we don't have it. So if it is an important part of your communication skills (or lack of) you had better go back there and not post here unless you can address the subject not the poster.

Yomanze

Unread post by Yomanze »

Richard, it was a joke and I meant it light-heartedly. It wasn't an insult, it's true. ad hominem is an argument or attack made against an individual, I wasn't doing that... it was just an observation of fact. Sorry if this came across as insulting. The subject of this thread is about the quality of NVA, but it's descended into ad hominem slanging albeit external to this forum.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You do not understand and I am not wasting my time beyond this point explaining it. Your motives are meaningless, ad hominem is ad hominem. Stop talking about me or you will be removed.

Ad hominem is a debating rule, so applies *WITHIN THE THREAD* it cannot be ad hominem if people not involved in the discussion are discussed as they are part of the subject. The subject is ninanina purchasing and using NVA, address the subject or don't post.

It translates as "too the man" or sometimes referred to on other forums as "play the ball not the man" which they then ignore. Here we don't ignore it, and i have better things to do with my time than constantly explain it.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

"AD HOMINEM FOR DUMMIE'S"

New thread keeping it as simple as possible perhaps.......... :shifty: :whistle: