Last Live Listen

All music posts here please.
guydarryl

Re: Last Live Listen

Unread post by guydarryl »

Walter Trout at the Apex, Bury St Edmunds (last night).

Stunning player, tight group and excellent venue. Not been to the Apex before, highly recommended - small, no pushing/shoving, only one or two people taking photo's, easy parking and really good acoustic.
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Man im just a Jealous.....Guy.
Love Walt, if you aint got his album "Battle Scars" you should get it.
:guiness;

guydarryl

Cheers Jammy, I have battle scars - incredible hearing the man talk about the background/reasons for writing them (waiting for 'phone call to tell him that a liver donor had been found etc.)
I bought myself a triple vinyl "Alive in Amsterdam" after the concert - will be listening tonight, if it is anything approaching what I heard last night then I will be a happy bunny.

all the best :guiness;
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

Walter Trout - fantastic

Saw him last year - he was looking quite ill - but he was magnificent.

All his albums are well worth a listen, my personal favourite is "Blues for the modern daze"

He's playing Aberdeen in October Jammy, btw.....
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

jammy395

Thanks for the heads up CB, will be sure to check that out, hope im home. :guiness;

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

I first saw Walter Trout back in 1990 when he went solo and have seen him several times since. He's always great value, and as you say a top class player.

3 years ago he was literally at deaths door. When I went to see him at the Holmfirth Picturedome there was a collective sigh of disbelief from the packed crowd when he walked out on stage. He was skin and bone, deathly pale, and could barely stand up for more than a few minutes. He spent most of the gig sat down. He was clearly very ill.

Fast forward a couple of years and at the same venue he came out on stage and he was like a new man. Well again, back up to his fighting weight, and played a gig as good as I've ever heard him play. It was fantastic, and there were tears in the house to see him back and better than ever. We stayed behind to meet him, and buy a couple of albums. He's a star for sure and has a really strong fan base.

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

Next "new" last listen live will be King Crimson, 5th September - can't wait. One of the best live bands
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

Nihil Sleighride
Great Britain

Unread post by Nihil Sleighride »

Manchester's Denim and Leather and Richmond VA's Iron Reagan last night at the Star and Garter.

https://denimandleather.bandcamp.com/

https://ironreagan.bandcamp.com/
Pi 4 - Volumio - SMSL M300 Mk2 DAC - Technics SL-1210 - LDA Power Supply - Ortofon TA-110 - Clearaudio Charisma V2 - Music First 632 - NVA P50SA - NVA A80 - Wharfedale Linton Heritage - NVA LS7/TIS

jammy395

Nice one Nihil.......A nice quiet evening then..... :mrgreen: :music-headbanger:

guydarryl

The Lockerbillies in my back garden - excellent night.